Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Johnson 3-Gun at Rocky Mountain 2012

There's plenty of room THIS WEEKEND! :surprise:

That is, unless you're bringing 50 people with you...and we might be able to make that work as well! :rolleyes:

Love to see you!

Think it'll be a really good match, with lot's of Natural Terrain and thinking involved! :devil:

See you Saturday!

Denise

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, is the new target the "tilt a whirl" from GT Targets? It looks diabolical!

This target is not commercially available, but good fun. Shot it today on an all shotgun stage.

Tom, is it the one from GT Targets? I just saw a video of a new one from Carl.

Okay, is the new target the "tilt a whirl" from GT Targets? It looks diabolical!

This target is not commercially available, but good fun. Shot it today on an all shotgun stage.

Link?

Link?

Link?

Evil, but not even close. Sworn to secrecy by Denise. See you @ RM3G.

Link?

Dan, just make sure you bring enough ammo...

Hee hee hee.... :)

jj

Link?

Dan, just make sure you bring enough ammo...

Hee hee hee.... :)

jj

Thank you JJ, I intend to. See all of you in a few weeks. :D

Hello, the new target stand was tested in match conditions this weekend at the 3 gun team event in WV, it worked great and did not malfunction. It was used on a big stage that lasted approx. 1 minute for many of hte teams and the 'EVIL SPIDER' as most of hte shooter were calling it was slowing down a lot at the end of the stage, it will work much better when the stage design forces the shooters to engage the stand when it is just activated and moving a bit faster.

We have the one working prototype and two more that are 90% finished, we will have pricing and a name this week.

regards, Karl @ GT

We don't have GT's NEWEST EVIL creation, but we have one of his other...evil creations!

AND we have a brand new target from a brand new target manufacturer called Rocky Mountain Targets...!!! :devil:

These two may ending up competing for EVIL TARGET INVENTOR of the century!!!! :surprise:

• 1 month later...

So, would you like to try stage 5 from Rocky Mountain 3-Gun again???

Well, here's you opportunity. :devil:

September's Johnson 3-Gun at Rocky Mountain will only be 4 stages, but they'll all be Rocky Mountain type!

We will shoot stage 5 again. Also have a shotgun/rifle combining a flying bird stage with long rifle. We plan a rifle pistol that's a throw back to 2008 in Mule Canyon and then a big 3-Gun stage in the berms!

$30. Shooter's briefing starting just after 0900 so we can get out shooting. Even 4 stages makes for a long day!

Meet at the pistol berms to register on September 15!!!!

Denise

September's Johnson 3-Gun at Rocky Mountain will only be 4 stages, but they'll all be Rocky Mountain type!

We will shoot stage 5 again. Also have a shotgun/rifle combining a flying bird stage with long rifle. We plan a rifle pistol that's a throw back to 2008 in Mule Canyon and then a big 3-Gun stage in the berms!

$30. Shooter's briefing starting just after 0900 so we can get out shooting. Even 4 stages makes for a long day!

Denise

You think you'll be rested enough by then? :D

Denise

You think you'll be rested enough by then? :D

Not at all sure.... :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Last reminder! Practice for FNH or Fallen Brethren or what have you!

Last Johnson 3-Gun for 2012: Saturday, September 15 at the Whittington Center in Raton, NM.

JJ will be setting up stages on Friday, Sept 14.

We are having 4 RM3G type stages this match all over the range.

The plan is: Stage 5 (3-Gun) from RM3G over in YHEC, a shotgun/long rifle stage across from competitor's housing, a 3 Star 3-Gun stage in the berms and a rifle/pistol stage in Mule Canyon. Most of the set-up will be finished on Friday, but people who come to finish setting up before 0800 will get a small discount. Anyone who makes it down and helps JJ set up on friday will get a bigger discount! :goof:

But, we will need to tear down all 4 on Saturday!

You will need a rifle sling, about 125 of each - birdshot, pistol, rifle and 10 or so slugs.

Shooter's Briefing starts about 0915. We want to get shooting as soon as we can! Newbie briefing 0845. Sign-up starts at 0830!!! $30

Let us know if you plan to join us.

Denise

Edited due to bad typing!

Edited by Benelli Chick

Okay! So, that didn't get things anymore interesting here...

Was hoping for a bit of chit chat!

I think that to be tactical, we will have high value misses on the CLOSE targets. I mean, in real life, if you miss them...well, it's not good! Those 400 yard away ones...less immediate danger.

AND I think that if you hit the no-shoot in the A zone, it's only 5 seconds, but in the C or D, it'll be 10 seconds...more likely to sue you!! :devil:

Thoughts?????

Denise

Okay! So, that didn't get things anymore interesting here...

Was hoping for a bit of chit chat!

I think that to be tactical, we will have high value misses on the CLOSE targets. I mean, in real life, if you miss them...well, it's not good! Those 400 yard away ones...less immediate danger.

AND I think that if you hit the no-shoot in the A zone, it's only 5 seconds, but in the C or D, it'll be 10 seconds...more likely to sue you!! :devil:

Thoughts?????

Denise

Evil, but a better assessment of risk presented by target. You're a trend setter again.

Edited by NMBOpen

Farewell to the 2012 season. Great match today with 4 stages, all 100+ second advanced stages, with targets out to 600yds and a new style clay spinner. I'm exhausted! Thankyou JJ and Denise fior all your hard work! See you next spring.

Special thanks to Mike G, John and Colin who helped JJ set up on Friday!

Really special thanks to Mike G for designing stage 4 and bringing some new 6 inch and 8 inch rifle plates and Rocky Mountain Targets new target - Rocky Mountain Thunder! It was a blast to shoot! :devil:

Thanks to Brad for bringing a junior girl who's just getting started, John for bringing a new shooter and for Doc and Lance for joining us as new shooters as well! Thanks to Brad for having an extra bolt in his truck after one of those annoying .308's knocked it into kingdom come! :)

Even though we only had 4 stages, if you just put 2 on paper and 1 on everything else, we shot 172 rounds today...well, I shot a few more than that!!! It was a long day and we appreciate all your work!

One of our local guys wanted to practice with those little pesky poppers that are at a lot of the big matches back east, so we found 2 for him, and then he couldn't come. :( They went okay at 100 and you will see them again as they are good practice!

That concludes Johnson 3-Gun at Rocky Mountain's 2012 season!!! Thanks to all of you who have been so supportive! :wub: We couldn't do it without you!

Our next match will be March 30,31, 2013. With an RO practice/clinic on the 30th!!

See you shooting!

Denise