Firebird MKA 1919

ken hebert

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Machine gunners lube from sprinco here. Runs like a top.

Glad to hear someone else is running one at rockcastle. Ill keep an eye out for you.

Im hoping I can still go. I had to spend almost a week in the hospital last week and off almost all of this week. Anyway between the lost time and wages I also may be screwed on losing my vacation days. Plus the hospital bills have yet to be seen. Im going to hold off as long as I can but I may have to withdraw and thats really got me bummed at the moment. :(

Edited by Kent Grewe

Machine gunners lube from sprinco here. Runs like a top.

Glad to hear someone else is running one at rockcastle. Ill keep an eye out for you.

Im hoping I can still go. I had to spend almost a week in the hospital last week and off almost all of this week. Anyway between the lost time and wages I also may be screwed on losing my vacation days. Plus the hospital bills have yet to be seen. Im going to hold off as long as I can but I may have to withdraw and thats really got me bummed at the moment. :(

That sucks man. I hope you fully recover soon.

Pat

I may, or may not be running mine at Rockcastle.

I THINK I have a reliable shotgun, with the exception of one magazine. Hopefully, I'll get it sorted out by then.

The other issue I have is that one of the stages is a "sporting clays" stage. I generally shoot low to mid 40s, but, with the 1919 I only shoot low 30s. I took it to the trap range the other day, and did horrible with it. I'm thinking that it is maybe because the dot is higher than the bore, giving me a trajectory issue. :surprise:

OOPs, maybe I shouldn't have said anything. :surprise:

I'll be an RO at the Rockcastle, and Gary was asking if anybody wanted to volunteer for the sporting clays stage. Other than that, I don't have a clue as to the stages. :blink:

I had the same problem with my MKA 19119, went to range and let a buddy shoot it and he went 10 for 10 right out out of the box. WTF . he said he used the red dot , C-more . ??? He also mentioned , stop aiming and point it , Damn I hate it when someone does better with my gun than i can , but his advice worked and with a little practise i have got a lot better.

Edited by Dave Campbell

I finally took mine out to the range on Saturday. Although I ordered a bunch of parts, I shot it stock. The gun did not like my Federal bulk Walmart #7 loads and didn't cycle the action completely.

I took the gun home and installed the Tromix gas piston, the gas ring for low power loads, and the Shark Brake. I haven't installed the trigger yet, because I don't have an Allen Wrench that will reach down to where the screw is inside the buttstock.

I just need to figure out magazines and I'll be good!