Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which trigger

Apexer

So, I have a gen 4 34, and have done some searching with no results. I am looking for a trigger kit that will give me the longest reach possible. I would like the break as far forward as possible, and still be uspsa production legal. Any suggestions?

The negative connectors will push the break point slightly further forward but its not really all that detectable unless you've got eleventy billion rounds through a factory 5.0lb connector.

Shrug.

Ive always found the negative connectors to have a longer break "arc". Hence the reason why alot of people regard these connectors as being "mushy".

The dot and the 5.0lb connectors tend to break towards the rear of the frame and have a very short throw on all of the pistols ive ever handled.

I haven't really seen any that make it break much further forward. The only thing I can think of is maybe the Fulcrum kit, but that's no good for Production.

Waktasz is right on this one... The "+" connectors will make the trigger break earlier in the stroke, but at the penalty of an 8# (actually a little more) break weight.

The "-" connectors are slower to cam downwards to release the firing pin. Therefore, they break a little later and are often described as "mushy".

This "earlier" or "later" is not something that most would notice, especially if you're trying to fit the trigger to a huge pair of hands.

Edited by Braxton1

I haven't really seen any that make it break much further forward. The only thing I can think of is maybe the Fulcrum kit, but that's no good for Production.

Waktasz is right on this one... The "+" connectors will make the trigger break earlier in the stroke, but at the penalty of an 8# (atually a little more) break weight.

The "-" connectors are slower to cam downwards to release the firing pin. Therefore, they break a little later and are often described as "mushy".

This "earlier" or "later" is not something that most would notice, especially if you're trying to fit the trigger to a huge pair of hands.

I respectfully disagree. I have always had to tune out more over travel on my negative connector equipped guns than anything with a 5.0 or a dot.