Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Airsofts are here

Maksim

Hey guys, mentioned in another post, but just got a call from the distributor, they are here. I have a few unspoken for on the way to me, and they will be going out Tuesday or Wed of next week. woot woot.

Both the Custom HC and Gold Team models are here.

Shoot me a pm if interested for pricing and what not.

witness1.jpg

witness2.jpg

Came a day early. These things are awesome! Works and breaks down just like a real tanfo. Will take it to a chrono tomorrow. hehe.

I have 4 guns that were paid for and going out tonight/tomorrow, and have 3 more that folks were interested however did not receive funds... so if you were one of them, claim it.

Yes, they all do.

the US import law requires all toy guns to have the orange tip, however it is not state law in most places to have them. Hence why many here locally will just paint them black or take them off.

Maksim,

Thanks for the quick turnaround on the airsoft.

To those inquiring,

The picture he posted above was exactly what I had ordered. Gun, extra mag, loader and cartridges. Might even have been mine before he shipped it. :-)

I was travelling last week and finally had a chance to play with this over the weekend. Identical from a grip and draw standpoint. Drops right into my Blade-tech DOH. Weight and balance to the real thing is also very close with the magazine insterted. Removeable front sight (matches the non-FO front that came on the real gun). Already ordered a Dawson FO front. With the standard adjustable rear, the sight picture will match my real set up as well. The trigger is not in the same league, but better than other airsofts I have felt. The take up is tight, with very little pre-travel. I woudn't classify the trigger as crisp, but it does actually "break". Plenty good enough for it to be a useful dryfire training tool. By comparison I have a very good Henning trigger job with flat trigger. I estimate that each CO2 cartridge lasts roughly 100-150 shots.

I would highly recommend this if you are considering dry fire as a training method.

Thanks Glenn. I have two more bundles that just came and I am done. There are airsoft BB's all around the office. :roflol: ooops.

I have them all over my garage. No doubt BBs will still be turning up decades from now. LOL

Is the mag release swappable to the other side?

I'm a lefty so I looked at this. The inside of the frame where the mag release is, is covered by a plastic shield held in by two small screws. I would think after removing that shield there would be a way. However, the magazines are only notched on one side. Even if you did flip the mag release you would have to grind a notch in the mag for the release to catch on. I'm sure I will eventualy look more closely to see if the mag release can be flipped.

I failed to mention accuracy earlier. Right out of the box, it was hitting point of aim. It has the hop up adjustment under the barrel, but I haven't needed to touch anything (hop up or sights). I have no idea how accurate airsofts are supposed to be, but I have no problem hitting a 4" square plate at 30'.

Got the Dawson FO front sight today. Slides in no problem. Couldn't have asked for better.

are you saying a Dawson sight works with this airsoft? Which one?

The stock front sight is .140" tall. I got the Dawson .160"T x .100"W fiber optic insert (Dawson part# 019-118). A tad taller and narrower to better match my Limited sight picture. Obviously tolerances aren't as tight on the airsoft, so I didn't need to do any fitting like I normally would. A small drop of red loctite and tightened the set screw. It took two minutes to install.

I benchrested afterwards and POI is 3/4" above POA at 25' with no adjustment to the rear adjustable sight from the factory setting. After one magazine, I had a 1" group with two fliers. The group was centered horizontally.

After one magazine, I had a 1" group with two fliers. The group was centered horizontally.

Prove it! I want pictures!! Video evidence. Until then....it didn't happen!!!

:sight:

Just quoting you, back to you.

I think that statement was made somewhere near the GA border on the 10 hour ride to the FL Open this year.

Thought I forgot, huh? :D

I haven't seen his Tanfo airsoft in person yet, so I can't speak to the feel of each, but based on what he's told me so far, it seems that the Tanfo is better, for these reasons:

• Adjustable and removable sights on the Tanfo, KZ75 doesn't allow you to remove the sights
  • CO2 vs Green Gas - Green Gas is a PITA to buy. You can save money and use regular propane with an adaptor, which i bought. However, using it in the garage, the smell turned me off right away. I'll stick with the PITA green gas. Just need to buy in bulk. But I definitely wish it was CO2.
  • Hammer on the KZ75 is Way too long. Had to dremel off the end of the spur. Every time it fired, it smacked the webbing of the shooting hand between the thumb and forefinger. That wasn't fun at all.

The big issue is the gun itself. Airsoft practice is most effective when you shoot the same gun you run in competition. So although the Tanfo might be better, I still don't regret my decision on the KZ75 because that is the kind of gun I run in competition.

BTW...for those reading....I do believe Glefos can get 1" groups with the Tanfo airsoft. Don't let my comments dissuade you from buying one. That was good nature ribbing between friends.

Got the Dawson FO front sight today. Slides in no problem. Couldn't have asked for better.

The stock front sight is .140" tall. I got the Dawson .160"T x .100"W fiber optic insert (Dawson part# 019-118). A tad taller and narrower to better match my Limited sight picture. Obviously tolerances aren't as tight on the airsoft, so I didn't need to do any fitting like I normally would. A small drop of red loctite and tightened the set screw. It took two minutes to install.

I benchrested afterwards and POI is 3/4" above POA at 25' with no adjustment to the rear adjustable sight from the factory setting. After one magazine, I had a 1" group with two fliers. The group was centered horizontally.

You have same Dawson FO front sight on your actual Limited as well?

After one magazine, I had a 1" group with two fliers. The group was centered horizontally.

Prove it! I want pictures!! Video evidence. Until then....it didn't happen!!!

:sight:

Just quoting you, back to you.

I think that statement was made somewhere near the GA border on the 10 hour ride to the FL Open this year.

Thought I forgot, huh? :D

For the record, we were specifically discussing the reloading forum in regards to evidence of load data versus accuracy. However, the target is available for viewing at the indoor airsoft range (aka garage). :D

You have same Dawson FO front sight on your actual Limited as well?

Yes, same one.