Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 2nd Generation

3-Gun Sweden

The BRT (556) isn't available here (EU). I've developed a method out to 300+ meters with the LD-I that works for me.

I got the cat tail from www.3gun.nl - don't know if he makes it or where he gets it.

I need a new one, so if you know of other sources please let me knwo.

Edited by 3-Gun Sweden

The BRT (556) isn't available here (EU). I've developed a method out to 300+ meters with the LD-I that works for me.

I got the cat tail from www.3gun.nl - don't know if he makes it or where he gets it.

Chris at three gun stuff makes a good throw lever. I replaced the standard one I got with the scope with one of his because its lower profiel.

http://www.3gunstuff.com/?page_id=218

I was told by a Swarovski rep at the Shot show that the new second gen scopes had a battery saving feature that when the scope was side ways or up side down that the dot will shut off. The theory being that if the scope was side ways the rifle had probably been set down. It made me happy that I had just received a first gen scope as there are times in 3 gun where the gun may be sideways. Have you noticed this to be the case in your second gen scope or was the rep misinformed?

I was told by a Swarovski rep at the Shot show that the new second gen scopes had a battery saving feature that when the scope was side ways or up side down that the dot will shut off. The theory being that if the scope was side ways the rifle had probably been set down. It made me happy that I had just received a first gen scope as there are times in 3 gun where the gun may be sideways. Have you noticed this to be the case in your second gen scope or was the rep misinformed?

the 2nd gen scopes did not come with a cat-tail so I will be looking up 3gun.

I did read about these features but have not experienced them, I do believe the scope has to be up or sideways for a time before the reticle shuts off. Some thought went into the redesign, glass and reticle are still the same, holds zero well so far 5 stars, intenisty adjustments are easy to reach without fumbling without taking your cheek off.

The feature can be turned off, so its not that big of a deal, but the feature is useless at best and disaster at worst (if you forget to turn it off) and since the only other upgrades are minor exterior ones it doesnt really make me want to run out and upgrade my Z6is.

AFAIK, they'll only produce the Gen 2 moving forward and since the glass and illumination are the same in the Gen 1, I'd much rather buy a used Gen 1 than a new Gen 2 if I'd ever needed another one...

YMMV

I do believe the scope has to be up or sideways for a time before the reticle shuts off.

Na, it's pretty immediate but it can be turned off if you press the +/- buttons for 5 secs.

You only have to do this once.

Is the overall length shorter than the Gen 1?

Thanks

Nick

We make the cattail ourselves ,also we make the 3gun.nl offset mount and 30mm scope mount and we are coming with a new style open class compensator shortly :cheers:

The comp will be different for left hand versus right hand shooters :roflol:

The new swarovski was shown in my gunstore by the sales manager from Swarovski ,its really nice

The thing i think Swarovski needs to work on more is to make the exit pupil larger so it will become less picky on how you are behind the rifle and it will be more forgiving with ''strange"

shooting positions ,because i see ''black'' very quickly on the larger magnification when i do that kind of shooting.

For the rest i do not think you will find brighter glass on the market.

LD-I reticle works great for ipsc rifle because we hardly ever shoot more then 300 meter ,you will not see steel out to 400-600 in Europe ,only in the States.

That being sayd i need to shoot in the States because i would love to shoot a major match there :D

Edited by patrickbeijer

• 2 years later...

BRT-I reticle is sold in Finland. Swedish customers must ask for it a bit louder as it is sold in EU no problem.

If the Swedish importer does not want to import it I can connect with resellers in Finland who have on on the shelf.