Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady L&L AP small primer tubes

Or rather than buying more tubes, take a look at a faster way to load the tube(s) you have......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRqqZ9UkTW8

I bought one, just have not tried it yet. Will post and update once I do, but all the reviews I read say it works great. If so, maybe I will sell you a three pack of my tubes!

Mike

Buy the Dillon pick up tubes. They're better than the Hornady ones anyway. It takes a touch more finesse to dump the primers from the tube into the machine, but picking up the primers goes noticeably faster. I used the one Hornady tube that came with my LnL for a year or two and then bought a 4 pack of Dillon tubes from Brian. I never use the Hornady one anymore.

Dillon Tubes are much nicer and easier to use then the Hornady. The Hornady are just too tight and hard to push over the primer.

I have a set of tubes from my old pro ejecter (all metal) and they are much easier to use then the new L&L tubes. Thought I was just being a sissy :blink:

Run a jewelers file into the plastic side of the pickup tube a few times. They pick up a lot easier

Would a drill bit work as well? It might take longer but not everyone has jewelers files.

Edited by Mush from PA.

Dillions showed up, I removed the blue plastic from the one end, drilled a small hole about .25" from that end and slid the pin through the drilled hole. I like it and super easy, only thing I dont like is that they do not hold the whole hundred pack of primers in each tube.

thanks for the heads up on using the dillions tubes, although will the red not clash with the blue??? :surprise:

I've loaded with both and have both and the Hornady Tube is way better than the Dillon Tubes. I have had to replace the sorry plastic tip on the dillion tubes several times, the Hornady tube is still working after over 100,000 primers. So to say I disagree with the assertion that Dillon tubes are better is a mild understatment.

If I buy anymore tubes they will be Hornady not Dillon.

No not IMHO, and no YMMV, fact is it is just a better design and product, Hornady. That is exactly why Dillon puts a bunch of primer tube plastic ends in the parts kit. I'm on my 2nd parts kit.