Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Blaster finally arrived

Zak Smith

Built by SV, and I think JP breathed on it some before they shipped it out.

I discovered that I can't quite engage the mag release button without shifting my grip, like I can on my single-stack. We'll see if that's a problem.

Yes, it's just the short curved insert.

I discovered that I can't quite engage the mag release button without shifting my grip, like I can on my single-stack. We'll see if that's a problem.

I wondered about that mag release last night and just thought that you might have long thumbs... ;)

You need a drilled release with the Dawson LoPro button. Just big enough to hit w/o shifting but won't drop mags off a table start. Works for me anyway...

Took it out today. My "old" IPSC/3Gun pistol was my single-stack .45 (DW Patriot - a workhorse), and I shoot a BHP a lot too. The SV handles and shoots great - very little recoil compared to my prior experienc e with .40 in a Glock 23 and 27 (now both sold).

I was loading a 180gr West Coast with 4.7gr Titegroup at 1.230" and it clocked in just under 900fps. Just need a few more tenths more.

The rear Bomar died as the adjustment screw is loose. That will need some attention.

-z

Cool different color set up then I have seen before. Black with just a little color I like it. Hope you enjoy your SV as much as I have mine, its still all black, I need one of them red triggers :D