Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 FNH USA 3 Gun

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14" tall MGM Auto Poppers

My link

So must you use all 3 guns for every stage? Some stages would allow using only 2, for instance stage #1 handgun and rifle, no shotgun.

David E.

Stages for your reading enjoyment.

Disclaimer: May cause sleepless nights.

Remember they are subject to change. :devil:

Will you be posting diagrams for stages 10-12 or at those a suprise?

My link

So must you use all 3 guns for every stage? Some stages would allow using only 2, for instance stage #1 handgun and rifle, no shotgun.

David E.

Last year we ran some stages with only 2 but could have run 3 gun if we chose. It was a tactics issue.

My link

David E.

Last year we ran some stages with only 2 but could have run 3 gun if we chose. It was a tactics issue.

You could have run the whole match without ever reloading the shotgun, if you wanted. :ph34r:

DanO

YES

NO

YES

YES

Please tell me where the registration will be.

Match motel in Winchester?

Match motel in Inwood?

At the match?

The day before?

Thanks

My link

David E.

My link

David E.

My link

David E.

You could have run the whole match without ever reloading the shotgun, if you wanted. :ph34r:

DanO

YES

NO

YES

YES

Match motel in Inwood?

At the match?

The day before?

Thanks

Let me verify with Linda however, I am sure it will be the same as last year. You can register on the range Wednesday, then Wednesday night prior to the mandatory shooter's meeting or special circumstances Thursday morning prior to shoting (last one will be extremely limited and like you wife just gave birth to your first child, not sure even if that would qualify)

Linda, will send information out to shooters but check your confirmation of registration.

Larry

3 additional secret squirrel stages?? Or did I miss something?

I was messing with Larry.

I was wondering how the ROs were going to get 12 stages done in a day! 9 will wear most of us out.

Norman, are you get old or what????? :devil:

Larry

If I decide I am going to just shoot two weapons during a stage do I have to bring the third weapon just because or can I leave it in the cart? The reason I ask is some of the stage descriptions say to start with all three.

Matt

Yep if the stage description says to have one slung and if you choose only to shoot 2, then leave it slung but you must start with it slung! All stages give you options but trust me Murphy found it's way onto many stages last year. I did leave some options of slung or staged. If that is the case, you have the option to use it or not. I staged a coupld of guns last year just as a precaution in the event of a jamb or breakage. Luckily I did not need them however you never know.

Larry

Edited by sbmd

My link

David E.

My link

David E.

My link

David E.

DanO

YES

NO

YES

YES

Match motel in Inwood?

At the match?

The day before?

Thanks

To clarify there is NO match hotel in Inwood! Do not show up at that Hampton for the shooter's meeting, you will miss it!

So it look like to cover all variations of shooting the stages.

161 Rifle

205 Pistol

103 Shot

16 Slugs

And my head now hurts from trying to figure that out :wacko:

Can you break these down by stages with options, so I will not have to cause my head to hurt?????

So it look like to cover all variations of shooting the stages.

161 Rifle

205 Pistol

103 Shot

16 Slugs

And my head now hurts from trying to figure that out :wacko:

Can you break these down by stages with options, so I will not have to cause my head to hurt?????

ok here we go

Stage Rifle Pistol Shot Slug

1...........16.....16...... 7 ..... 0

2.............6.....28 ... 18 ..... 0

3...........24.....27 ... 10 ..... 2

4...........16.....22 ... 12 ..... 8

5...........34.....36 ... 14 ..... 2

6...........15.....15 ... 15 ..... 0

7...........17.....19 ..... 8 ..... 1

8...........27.....29 ..... 7 ..... 2

9.............6.....11 .... 12 .... 1

Total .. 161...203 .. 103 . 16

Oh and Stage 6 says 2011 FNH USA 3 Gun (should be 2012)

NOW my Fingers and head hurts :blink:

David E.

YES

Okay, at the risk of being dense, I just want to be clear on this one. You must use all 3 guns (I take that to mean engage at least one target with each of pistol, rifle, and shotgun) on every single stage?

(I couldn't decide whether Larry was saying, "YES use all 3 guns" or "YES some stages would allow fewer than 3 guns"...)

David E.

YES

Okay, at the risk of being dense, I just want to be clear on this one. You must use all 3 guns (I take that to mean engage at least one target with each of pistol, rifle, and shotgun) on every single stage?

(I couldn't decide whether Larry was saying, "YES use all 3 guns" or "YES some stages would allow fewer than 3 guns"...)

You do not have to shoot all three guns......we like options. However if a gun is required to be slung or holstered (kinda know which one that is), you must have them on you at the start. After that if you want to safely ground them in an approved grounding container, knock your socks off.

See not difficult at all. Of course not all the stages require a rifle or shotgun to be slung. Puts another decision into the stage break down, thus the 10 minute walk through verses the tradition pistol, 5 minutes.

Hope this helps,

Larry

You do not have to shoot all three guns......we like options. However if a gun is required to be slung or holstered (kinda know which one that is), you must have them on you at the start. After that if you want to safely ground them in an approved grounding container, knock your socks off.

See not difficult at all. Of course not all the stages require a rifle or shotgun to be slung. Puts another decision into the stage break down, thus the 10 minute walk through verses the tradition pistol, 5 minutes.

Thank you, sir! That's what I figured, but just wanted to be sure.

I hope I am squadded with somebody who decides to shoot all 230-odd possible pistol shots. :roflol:

Larry,

Quick rule question;

Are coupled rifle mags OK to use to support/steady the rifle?

From Last years rules:

5.3.4.3 Supporting devices (bipods, etc.) are prohibited.

5.3.4.6 Magazine capable of holding no more than 30 rounds inserted at any time.

Coupled magazines are permitted.

Thanks,

David E.

Edited by Nuke8401

Dan,

I think the rules on the FNH site are last years but most likely will be the same this year?

The coupled mags are OK rule dosen't seem to work with the no rifle supporting devices allowed rule?

Am I missing something?

David

P.S. My rifle ran like a champ this past weekend!

David,

If there is no date, the rules should be the same. My USPSA rule book says 2008, the same rules are in effect.

Coupled mags help, but, they are no bipod!

Good to hear your rifle is working, but, was it in a match? The darn things seem to know the difference between a match and practice. :roflol:

Here are additional rooms for our match. Please do not delay in securing these rooms as they must be secured by the 28th of August or they will be returned and there will be no guarentee of rooms.

Hilton Garden Inn (15 rooms available)

120 Wingate Dr

Winchester, VA 22601

540-722-8881

Room Rate is $81.00 per night

Fairfield Inn by Marriott (15 rooms available)

250 Front Royal Pike

Winchester, VA 22601

540-665-8881

Room Rate is $81.00 per night

Hamptonn Inn (15 room available)

5758 Gerrardstown Road

Inwood, WV 25428

304-229-6677

Room Rate is $89.00 per night

Comfort Inn Martinsburg (20 Rooms available)

1872 Edwin Miller Bld

Martinsburg, WV 25404

304-263-6200

Room Rate is $74.00 per night

Larry

Larry,

I shoot tactical optics.

I have a forward folding grip that I use on tables and prone position.

It is not touching the table or the ground when I shoot. My hand is under it.

I fold it to the up position when not in use.

Can I use it in your match?

Thanks