Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PayPal and Firearms/Firearms Parts

Here is an excerpt:

"You may not use PayPal to sell any firearm manufactured after 1898. Certain related items and high-capacity ammunition magazines are also prohibited, as described in more detail below. In addition, it is the responsibility of users to abide by all applicable laws when dealing with the sale of permitted antique firearms, ammunition, replicas, militaria and other associated items.

What is not permitted?

Firearms

You may not use PayPal to sell or advertise any firearms produced after 1898. This includes all "pre-ban," sporting, collectible, and curio and relic (C&R) firearms, regardless of their present capability to fire a shot.

What is permitted?

You may use PayPal to sell antique firearms (before 1898) and most legal firearm components. This includes firearm related accessories, such as holsters, scopes, and ammunition without propellant. "

The whole thing: (you'll need to log in first)

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...ame&ed=firearms

So it sounds like hi-cap mags, modern firearms, frames, silencers, loade ammo, rifle barrels shorter than 16", etc, are a no-no. Barrels, slides, triggers, empty brass are ok I guess? :huh:

Not to mention that PayPal is *not* an escrow service. If you pay for something w/ PayPal and the item doesn't arrive, or there is a problem, etc. PayPal will still remit your money to the seller. All PayPal does is allow a seller to do is accept various forms of payments. 2nd and 3rd hand, I've heard of people having trouble reversing charges on their credit card that was used to buy something via PayPal.

-David

davidwiz:

you are correct. You might also want oto ready our CC TOS before using it on paypal as many CC companies prohibit 3rd party charges like paypal and will leave your butt out in the wind if you ever dispute it.

Oh, horseshit... PayPal doesn't have a clue what you are paying for and can't do a thing about it. I've bought and sold many gun parts accepting and paying via PayPal. What are they going to do, refund the money I paid?

When I need to pay a certain gunsmith for his services soon, I'll put "gun" in the reference field to prove they don't even check.

Ebay probably did a "find & replace" with their TOS when they bought PayPal.