Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland for the M&P PRO or L?

crossgun

Does Safariland make a ALS type holster for the S&W M&P? Would like to run it on an ELS rig for tactical

Product numbers?

I'm very curious also. I have a 9mm Pro 5" and am having a heck of a time finding a holster to go with my intended ELS purchase.

Is this going to be for competition or just "tactical" purposes? Don't really know what tactical is anymore unless your in a hot zone or law enforcement. I use a Safarialnd 6377 and its money. I would go with an open top ALS over the hood and/or sentry. I've always looked at the hood as more of the "appearance" of security. My duty rig hood comes down constantly by accident. 6377 or 6378 is my recco

Is this going to be for competition or just "tactical" purposes? Don't really know what tactical is anymore unless your in a hot zone or law enforcement. I use a Safarialnd 6377 and its money. I would go with an open top ALS over the hood and/or sentry. I've always looked at the hood as more of the "appearance" of security. My duty rig hood comes down constantly by accident. 6377 or 6378 is my recco

For me, it will be for competition purposes only. I have two other M&P models I use for daily concealed carry. Plenty of holsters for those already. I'll go right over to the Safariland web site and check out your recommended model numbers.

Thank you *very* much!

:cheers:

For me, it will be for competition purposes only. I have two other M&P models I use for daily concealed carry. Plenty of holsters for those already. I'll go right over to the Safariland web site and check out your recommended model numbers.

Thank you *very* much!

:cheers:

No prob. Since you are using the ELS belt, go with the QLS as well. VERY nice setup. Put it on and take it off whenever. Go with the model number that has the 1.75" belt slot and get the QLS kit. Its very nice. Hit me with a PM and I'll get you a company that sells the Safariland stuff pretty cheap if you're interested.

Also, I would call Safariland direct and ask them which model fits which. I'm not familiar with the M&P models so I just threw one of them out there. Go to the "Will Fit" chart and that will give you a place to start.

Edited by jdknotts1

I got a 5198 for my Glock 34 to use for 3 gun, when I eventually get to shooting it. Holster fit is nice. Just as fast as all my other kydex.

Seiichi

edit,

Didn't see the ALS part. The 5198 is open top, no retention (level 1).

Edited by itchy

Do these fit the 5" guns the OP referred to?

I think one of the model numbers I put up does. The other was a 4.5"bbl. I was just throwing up an example. You need to go to the "Will Fit" section on Safariland's website to match the gun up with the holster you want. Here is the link: SAFARILAND WILL FIT

I have a Glock 34 and would like a Safariland holster, does the QLS system have holes that line up with the 5198 holster, and also are you using it on a drop leg system? if so which one?

The QLS is a very nice system. Its basically a 34/35 clip for a holster. The website says it will fit most every Safariland holster. I have 5 or 6 and all have the same hole formation. If you are goin gto get a QLS, don't bother with the QLS2. It has an extra locking feature thats a PITA for competition purposes. If I were using one on duty though thats what I would go with.

I don't use the drop leg. I've never been a big fan of it. I think it increases the draw time with very little benefit for belt space. I just use the ELS belt and use the 1.75" loop as my permanent with the QLS plate on it. I'm currently only set up for my Glock. Soon I'll be getting another 6377 for single stack.

Edited by jdknotts1