Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide racker with Barry mount

Jon Merricks

I just mounted a Barry mount to my wife’s open gun last night. Kind of hard to figure out which racker will work on the left side. Might have to go with a right side racker but seems a little awkward and hazardous if there is a detonation when clear a live round.

Any suggestions?

post-1087-0-72795100-1328635396_thumb.jppost-1087-0-10372600-1328635409_thumb.jppost-1087-0-75341100-1328635420_thumb.jp

No problem. Yeah I'm not sure how much they will bend before they snap. The one I have is long and has been bent quite a bit. You could try bending it slowly with a strong vise and a solid wrench. You'll generally feel a wall right before it snaps. You could try penning it with a light hammer and a medium amount of force as well. Depends how much clearance it needs. A little shouldn't hurt

• 3 weeks later...

I took one of Matt's rackers and bent and ground till I got it to fit. I should have filled the hollow part with a tight fitting rod or something because I cracked it in one of the ribs. I'm not skilled enought to weld such a small crack so still trying to figure that one out.

post-1087-0-26072700-1330482837_thumb.jppost-1087-0-41976300-1330482854_thumb.jp

Hello: Guys, heat is your friend when bending stuff :cheers: I have bent both the Shooters Connection sidewinder and the Cheely rackers using heat. They bend very easily. Hope this helps for next time :devil: Thanks, Eric

Thanks for showing up to the party late! I still have that XL sidewinder if you want to give it a go. Third time is a charm.

I didn't realize how much you needed to bend it with that Barry mount.

Hello: Guys, heat is your friend when bending stuff :cheers: I have bent both the Shooters Connection sidewinder and the Cheely rackers using heat. They bend very easily. Hope this helps for next time :devil: Thanks, Eric

Thanks for showing up to the party late! I still have that XL sidewinder if you want to give it a go. Third time is a charm.

I didn't realize how much you needed to bend it with that Barry mount.

Where did you get the sidewinder OHF? I installed a Quinn and now my snap-in racker wont work on the left,...I need to buy one and bend it too. Or is there something out there already made for the left side with a Quinn?

(noob)

Just put it on the right side, it's not really any slower and it gets it out of the way too. I think Chris Tilley has a right side one too.

The one that came on the bedell custom has a ball detent in it, only snaps in one way

Just put it on the right side, it's not really any slower and it gets it out of the way too. I think Chris Tilley has a right side one too.

The one that came on the bedell custom has a ball detent in it, only snaps in one way

I just looked on shooters connection, they list their sidewinder xl will fit on a quinn mount...? Am I missing something here?

NM, I see the the posters above noted his was on a quinn mount...so I it must work.

Edited by Ofishl1

Hello: For the Quinn II mount you will have to bend the Sidewinder down to clear the C-More. Remember to heat the Sidewinder before you break it :devil: I use a small butane torch and get it red hot at the bend point. I install the dovetail end in a vice and bend it. Thanks, Eric

We all want to save the $$, but a Quinn mount and Quinn slide rack-r works great. You factor in all the headaches and the resources expended to tweak the racker---it ain't worth it.

JT put a a lot of engineering R&D into his mount and racker---it works great. His combo eliminates those hidden problems that cause us all the frustration. No, I am not affiliated with Quinn Engineering.

Hello: The Quinn racker has a different dovetail than the Sidewinder or Cheely. For me it was too far back and I would hit it when I would draw from the holster. The Quinn racker is also aluminum. Heating up the other rackers takes 5 minutes to do max. Thanks, Eric

I took one of Matt's rackers and bent and ground till I got it to fit. I should have filled the hollow part with a tight fitting rod or something because I cracked it in one of the ribs. I'm not skilled enought to weld such a small crack so still trying to figure that one out.

post-1087-0-26072700-1330482837_thumb.jppost-1087-0-41976300-1330482854_thumb.jp

I can make you one without the litening hole and without the grip serrations. Let me know! I'm making a batch as we speak.

I can make you one without the litening hole and without the grip serrations. Let me know! I'm making a batch as we speak.

Thanks Matt, Sending you a message.

Hello: The Quinn racker has a different dovetail than the Sidewinder or Cheely. For me it was too far back and I would hit it when I would draw from the holster. The Quinn racker is also aluminum. Heating up the other rackers takes 5 minutes to do max. Thanks, Eric

I believe the Quinn is larger (dovetail) which makes it a snap file or sand for a fit. The Quinn racker does not require any bending and clears my hand easily. I bet I have larger and longer hands than most. Never interferred with my draw or thumb. The other brand sure did.

Thanks Matt, Sending you a message.

Matt can definitely massage his to fit.