Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pants Article

Duane Thomas

Although I don't really think it matters what pants you wear to shoot IDPA, I'll add some info for those considering 5.11 clothing from a customer service perspective.

I recently purchased two pairs of 5.11 pants through a 5.11 distributor. After several washings one pair shrunk in the length over an inch more than the other pair.

I emailed Customer Care using the contact information on the 5.11 website and described my problem. The agent said to send them back and they would replace them! They offered the replacement pair in a different color or size if desired. I mailed the short pair in and received the replacement pair in the mail a couple weeks later.

Ths is great customer service and to be honest I did not expect to get much help from a clothing retailer. Good job 5.11!

Larry P wrote "You want an animal cookie or what?" I happen to LIKE animal cookies, Larry! I'll see your animal cookie & raise you a valium! (I hope you are smiling; I know I am. Its all good). Larry also wrote: "I REALLY dislike the Fashion Police! Im fighting buying Royal Robbins ANYTHING simply because its become a "fashion statement". " Er, isn't that my point you have there?!?! Kinda sorta seems like we agree on the 511 thing. Animal cookies all around! Seriously though, I think we all need to read this post: IDPA WEAR

Regards, C.

I see more toilet start CoFs where you start with pants dropped around your ankles to eliminate the unfair advantage of gamer pants. This could get real ugly.

eek.gif

Hey Larry, If you're gonna hand out animal crackers, be sure to bring enough for everyone.

:)