Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do all the letters mean?

Tom Brannon

PR Procedural Penalty

LS Late Shot (fixed time course only)

XS Extra Shot (Virginia count or fixed time only)

XH Extra Hit (Virginia count or fixed time only)

Thank you...now I need to find out what I did wrong to get a -10PR

probably a miss

Most likely a -10pr means you made a procedural error. You either stepped across a fault line or didn't reload at the right time on a classifier or some other infraction of either a uspsa rule or the written stage description. Obviously it was NOT a safety violation but merely a procedural error.

Was the stage you got the PR on a classifier stage? If so, you can go to the www.uspsa.org website(assuming this was a uspsa match) & look up the classifier & see if you can remember what you did compared to what the stage description says.

probably a miss

A miss would be listed as an M, not a PR.

Section 10.2 of the rulebook lists the ways a procedural penalty can be assessed to a shooter. There is no way for us to guess at what happened on the stage in question. It could have been any number of things. The RO should have made you aware at the time that you were being assessed a penatly.

Edited by sperman

probably a miss

Section 10.2 of the rulebook lists the ways a procedural penalty can be assessed to a shooter. There is no way for us to guess at what happened on the stage in question. It could have been any number of things. The RO should have made you aware at the time that you were being assessed a penatly.

Specifically, if the RO is doing his job, he WILL inform you when it is assessed and note the REASON for the penalty on the scoresheet per 10.1.1.

It was weekly local match, when looking on uspsa I seen a -10 for PR, I have no clue what I did to earn it. It was only my second time to ever shoot a match. It would have been nice to know...without knowing what I did wrong I can't correct it :huh:

Did you initial/sign your score sheet? Usually you will initial your score sheet after your run. You want to take a look and see if there is anything out of the ordinary on there. If you have a question, just ask at that time.

Indoor, outdoor? Which stage? Failure to engage is sometimes a biggie. If it was the thursday match, it's very possible you failed to engage one of the targets on stage one. You wouldn't be the only one that day.

Just looked up the match results. Yep, 2M 1PR. Failed to engage one of the targets gives you the 2 mikes and 1 procedural for not shooting at it. Not the easiest to score unless the RO is actually watching you shoot at the targets. On a memory stage like that it's easy to skip one. The RO has to be on the ball. I'm not a fan of memory stages.

On that stage I had it broken down to just two shooting positions. Shoot everything you can see from position one (3 feet left of door), shooting right to left. Shoot everything you can see from the second position (2 feet right of door), shooting right to left. Then standing reload, again from position 2 shoot the left most 4 targets. I hate to do standing reloads but I would rather do that and hit 100% of the targets with 100% confidence in my plan. I had a severe jam on that stage, having a solid plan allowed me to clear jam and get back on plan.

probably a miss

Specifically, if the RO is doing his job, he WILL inform you when it is assessed and note the REASON for the penalty on the scoresheet per 10.1.1.

Thanks, That is a long list!! It wasn't a DQ and I still had a great time. proberly just a mistake I made in the stage at some point.

I've had no-shoots show up in final results as procedurals. At a major no less. They are both minus 10, so there is no change in the results.

yeah, both -10, but you would most likely also have a -10 miss on the same target as the NS, unless you re-engaged to make up the miss. Same, but different...

probably a miss

Thanks, That is a long list!! It wasn't a DQ and I still had a great time. proberly just a mistake I made in the stage at some point.

We must have been typing at the same time. :cheers: Check the post right above your last.

Indoor, outdoor? Which stage? Failure to engage is sometimes a biggie. If it was the thursday match, it's very possible you failed to engage one of the targets on stage one. You wouldn't be the only one that day.

Just looked up the match results. Yep, 2M 1PR. Failed to engage one of the targets gives you the 2 mikes and 1 procedural for not shooting at it. Not the easiest to score unless the RO is actually watching you shoot at the targets. On a memory stage like that it's easy to skip one. The RO has to be on the ball. I'm not a fan of memory stages.

On that stage I had it broken down to just two shooting positions. Shoot everything you can see from position one (3 feet left of door), shooting right to left. Shoot everything you can see from the second position (2 feet right of door), shooting right to left. Then standing reload, again from position 2 shoot the left most 4 targets. I hate to do standing reloads but I would rather do that and hit 100% of the targets with 100% confidence in my plan. I had a severe jam on that stage, having a solid plan allowed me to clear jam and get back on plan.

Ok, thanks....The memory stage yesterday at BGSL... I did bad "9 Mikes", have no clue why I did the walk through and knew they were there!. learning a little everytime how how to best engage the stage. Im confident I'll improve because of the quailty shooters I'm around.

probably a miss

We must have been typing at the same time. :cheers: Check the post right above your last.

lol....shhhhh I'm working...not on brianenos.com B)

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=fGLcvlPNCR4

I shot stage one a little different. Since I had to reshoot the stage I was able to try a different plan.

Ya, getting to learn how to engage the stage would be great. Running up clueless isn't working to well. Still be SAFE and accurate is the most important speed will come...won't be a lot of speed..lol

That sucks, I linked it using my mobile. It works using my phone.

For everyone else that didn't shoot the match: Most shooters shot both steel positions then moved to the center port door, then went down range to the left postition, then ran behind the shooting area to the right shooting position.

Try this:

Edited by want2race