Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oregon Single Stack Championship

Hey, is anyone from here shooting the 8th Annual Oregon Single Stack Championship in Albany, Oregon July 10th? The Shipster and myself will be there and I can’t wait to get my “No Yuppie Guns” sticker to but on my holster. :)

I just hope I'm out of this "mother of all slumps" by then... :unsure:

>Match info here<

Ed

You like the No Yuppie Guns? I liked the phrase when I came up with it. No High Cap Weinies would have been my second choice. You can thank Mike McCarter for originating the Oregon Single Stack Championship, from my memory he was the one that came up with the match idea when I was running the ipsc program back then. Hope you have a good time.

Erik,

Yes, you can. I personally spoke with Mike McCarter concerning this, as I'm shooting it with my G35.

Everything is the same. Match fee's, etc. But if you win the match or place in class, you get a ribbon instead of a placque. (whoop-de-do)

If was fun shooting with you @ the OR sectional.

So are you coming up?

• 2 weeks later...

walangkatapat, both Run-n-Gun and myself shot the match. It was a very fun match, with 8 stages, the weather was perfect, all 100 shooting positions were filled, and everybody seemed to be having a good time. Mike had one stage called the stars are out which had 3 Texas stars in it. One was activated with a activator box and was spinning before engagement. That was the first match that I had shot with a Texas star and it showed. :wacko: I'll be back next year.

Shipster

I was there! It was a great match and I shot the best match of my life.

It was a well run match with an excellent variety of stages. The one with 3 texas stars was a hoot!

I shot the worst match in a long time. 5 shots kept me from 3rd place. All within 1" of being good shots too :( Busting my thumb last Monday before the match kept me from shooting during the week of the match. I couldn't put together but 1 clean run, last one of the day. It was a good match though, Mike is a great guy to have put on a match.

What a day. I tripped and fell on Fort Mikey and on stage 6 (I think) I put one foot out of the box on the last array for 7, count ‘em, 7 procedurals! But the absolute worst was that I forgot my hat and had to borrow one, a big BRIGHT red one… AAAAARRRGGHHH! :(

I still had a great time! Trey, Scott, sorry I didn’t get to meet you, I guess we’re going to have to wear those name tags that they designed in another thread…

Ed