Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The apps for the 2012 PSA Shootout went live today, get 'em while you can !

A side match is back this year following along with their very successful (and fun as he!!)

Rimfire Challenge side match, here's some Youtube links to show what it's like.

Hope to see you there !

ps, here's a link to the shoot's website so you can get an application !

http://www.psashootout.com/

PS you might want to include a link to the registration app or match website. I had to do a Google search for 2012 PSA Shootout, but it was the 1st result in the list.

I've heard so much good stuff about this match, I just have to go and find out for myself! ;)

PS you might want to include a link to the registration app or match website. I had to do a Google search for 2012 PSA Shootout, but it was the 1st result in the list.

I've heard so much good stuff about this match, I just have to go and find out for myself! ;)

Good point Chris, I added a link to the front page of the website to my original post.

Glad that you heard good stuff about the PSA, 6 stages of knockdown steel and chubby guys like me

don't have to run around to shoot it !

Make your hotel reservations early, sometimes there's a car show the same weekend and rooms can be

tough to find.

You can do a search on youtube for "PSA Shootout" and find some vids of what it's like for the centerfire crowd.

I just hope I have time to shoot a few runs at the 22 side match, that looks like a lot of fun.

COOL! Dave you posted one of my videos. I had a blast last year at the rimfire shoot and at my first PSA. I already got in for this years PSA and I can't wait

I just wanted to say thanks for posting my vid, and also when abouts do you think the next rimfire shoot will be?

How does the timing work out? I was at walls of steel in RI and I was able to fit in the 22 runs in between stages. Is this possible in PA? I would like to complete the match in a day dure to travel distance. Thanks, Pete

Edited by peteinct

How does the timing work out? I was at walls of steel in RI and I was able to fit in the 22 runs in between stages. Is this possible in PA? I would like to complete the match in a day dure to travel distance. Thanks, Pete

Noah i9s correct. You may also have time at lunch, depending how fast your am squad is.

COOL! Dave you posted one of my videos. I had a blast last year at the rimfire shoot and at my first PSA. I already got in for this years PSA and I can't wait

I just wanted to say thanks for posting my vid, and also when abouts do you think the next rimfire shoot will be?

No no no, I thank you for taking the vid and posting on Utube, I look forward to shooting that type of event for the first time.

And that kinda answers your question about when the next one is, I'm just a messenger/cheerleader/helper for the best match in the

US of A, hopefully one of the PSA Rimfire Challenge regulars will chime in on when the next one is.

The 22 match is run during the main match, if your shooting 2 guns in one day you might have time between the morning and

afternoon squads to get a few 22 runs in, can't really say since it's up to the Range Gods to make everything run smoothly.

They usually do run the side match till 5:00 so maybe after the main match you can get in.

Trying to go shoot it between main match stages won't work out, all shooters are required to help out their squad re-set targets,

paint, pick brass etc. The folks that set up the squads seem to make them move right along so there's not a lot of down-time between

stages. (last year there may have been but the folks are working on that this year)

Hope this reply answers some of your questions.

Also, looks like Saturday is already full, along with Friday afternoon, Sunday can't be far behind.

Hope you got your apps in !

wow, I printed the app out already.... Is saturday already completely full???

I had a BLAST last year, and can't want to try it with a gun and a load I know work together.

:cheers:

App went live on February 1. Saturday usually fills in 3-4 days.

No no no, I thank you for taking the vid and posting on Utube, I look forward to shooting that type of event for the first time.

And that kinda answers your question about when the next one is, I'm just a messenger/cheerleader/helper for the best match in the

US of A, hopefully one of the PSA Rimfire Challenge regulars will chime in on when the next one is.

The 22 match is run during the main match, if your shooting 2 guns in one day you might have time between the morning and

afternoon squads to get a few 22 runs in, can't really say since it's up to the Range Gods to make everything run smoothly.

They usually do run the side match till 5:00 so maybe after the main match you can get in.

Trying to go shoot it between main match stages won't work out, all shooters are required to help out their squad re-set targets,

paint, pick brass etc. The folks that set up the squads seem to make them move right along so there's not a lot of down-time between

stages. (last year there may have been but the folks are working on that this year)

Hope this reply answers some of your questions.

Also, looks like Saturday is already full, along with Friday afternoon, Sunday can't be far behind.

Hope you got your apps in !

Sunday morning is now full.

Here is a link to PSA Shotout videos rather than the PSA Rimfire Challenge which while at the same club is a differnt match.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=psa+shootout&oq=psa+shootout&aq=1&aqi=g2&aql=&gs_sm=1&gs_upl=6745l11082l0l12996l14l14l1l3l3l0l309l2063l0.5.4.1l10l0

Edited by mikegot38

• 1 month later...

How does the 22LR team side match work this year?

I know there are 70 targets but does one pistol guy and one rifle guy go at it at the same time?

I need to know because all 70 targets using pistols with only 10 rounds is a lot of magazines!

Thanks.

Hope everyone is ready for next weekend.

Anyone know if the 22 event will be similar to a PSA stage when shooting pistol or rifle (30-35 targets) and then the combined event would be both stages together (~70 targets)? Just wondering about mags.

The PSA website seems to indicate that the .22 side match will be 1 stage of 70 targets, shot by 2 person teams (1 rifle / 1 pistol or 2 rifles?) with a 90 sec. par time. I told my son I think you will see some times in the mid 20s if last fall's Rimfire Challenge results are any indication. What day / time are you shooting? I'll be there Sunday AM and PM relays. Good luck!!!

Does anyone know how this 22lr side match works?

Is it two man teams one with a rifle and one pistol or can they both shoot the same guns (both rifles or both pistols)?

Is it only a team shoot or can it be shot individually?

The PSA website seems to indicate that the .22 side match will be 1 stage of 70 targets, shot by 2 person teams (1 rifle / 1 pistol or 2 rifles?) with a 90 sec. par time. I told my son I think you will see some times in the mid 20s if last fall's Rimfire Challenge results are any indication. What day / time are you shooting? I'll be there Sunday AM and PM relays. Good luck!!!

Friday pm and all day Saturday.

Does anyone know how this 22lr side match works?

Is it two man teams one with a rifle and one pistol or can they both shoot the same guns (both rifles or both pistols)?

Is it only a team shoot or can it be shot individually?

I think there's six ways to shoot it.

1. Pistol with irons

2. Pistol with optics

3. Rifle with irons

4. Rifle with optics

5. Team Match one rifle one pistol irons

6. Team Match one rifle one pistol open = optics.

70 targets with a par time.

Edited by JMIS