Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Inexpensive Round Counter - XL650 or any..

Very nice mod!cheers.gif

As much as I like to blow money on mods for my stuff I don't get the fascination with round counters. I was keeping my primer box lids for awhile to keep track of how many rounds I load a year but I even stopped doing that.

Edited by Sarge

what do you hook it into to do the tally?

Sarge was right, I just bent the counter arm and polished the edge

and it simply advances each time the press bottoms.. You have to make a slight bend

though so you get enough clearance and don't crush the counter.. It's fairly durable,

but the press will smash it easily if not located and adjusted correctly..

Sarge, the counts not too big a thing for me either, but I DO like to tinker..! Lol :rolleyes::cheers:

Very nice mod!:cheers:

As much as I like to blow money on mods for my stuff I don't get the fascination with round counters. I was keeping my primer box lids for awhile to keep track of how many rounds I load a year but I even stopped doing that.

Thanks allot.! :cheers:

Truth is, the counts not a BIG deal for me either, but I DO like to tinker.! Lol.!

Edited by gunfixer

that's a pretty cool mod. good job getting it to work. i may try something similar one day but i just purchased a Dillon round counter.

the reason why i like a round counter is b/c i can keep track of how many rounds i have since i just throw them in ammo cans now. also it helps me figure out when i need to order more supplies w/o having to open up my boxes.

that's a pretty cool mod. good job getting it to work. i may try something similar one day but i just purchased a Dillon round counter.

the reason why i like a round counter is b/c i can keep track of how many rounds i have since i just throw them in ammo cans now. also it helps me figure out when i need to order more supplies w/o having to open up my boxes.

Thanks.. I didn't realize Dillon still had a round counter although I honestly never looked.. I saw an older Dillon on eBay a while back..

Thanks.. I didn't realize Dillon still had a round counter although I honestly never looked.. I saw an older Dillon on eBay a while back..

i managed to pick up a new round counter that was never used from a reloader in my area who didn't need it anymore. you meet some good people in gun stores when you're looking for powder.

I keep a rough count in an Excel spreadsheet just so I can show my wife how much money I save by reloading!!! Its not a big deal, but I do like to tinker.

I ordered the same one on Amazon just a few minutes ago. I'll give it a try.

I like the Dillon round Counter because it attaches to the seating die, and then it only counts finished rounds instead of how many times you pull the handle. Setup and troubleshooting would throw your count off with one that only counts handle pulls.

So heres some pics of my counter. Like most I don't find it overly useful but its fun and quick to do. I'm really just using it to keep a total of rounds loaded. Everything is housed in the case feeder with a wire running down through the case feeder support tube too the micro switch.

count1.jpg

count2.jpg

count3.jpg

Edited by sd624

So heres some pics of my counter. Like most I don't find it overly useful but its fun and quick to do. I'm really just using it to keep a total of rounds loaded. Everything is housed in the case feeder with a wire running down through the case feeder support tube too the micro switch.

I like.

That's great. Can you give a little more info? Part info and some idea of how you attached the sensor? Thanks.

Here a couple of pics of the bracket without the micro switch attached. I used a mill to cut the slot but you could use a dermel without to much trouble. One hole in the bottom is all that is needed to hold the switch. I just used some washers to center the switch lever in the slot.

All the parts came from Jameco.com. It's just a simple counter circuit.

count4.jpg

count5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That's great. Can you give a little more info? Part info and some idea of how you attached the sensor? Thanks.

Here a couple of pics of the bracket without the micro switch attached. I used a mill to cut the slot but you could use a dermel without to much trouble. One hole in the bottom is all that is needed to hold the switch. I just used some washers to center the switch lever in the slot.

All the parts came from Jameco.com. It's just a simple counter circuit.

count4.jpg

count5.jpg

Getting a lot of PMs requesting a parts list. Thought I post it here to help some guys out.

Grainger www.grainger.com counter

http://www.grainger....5&cm_vc=IDPRRZ1

Jameco www.jameco.com

Micro switch (round counter) Part no. 187805

On/off switch Part no. 315484

Counter reset switch Part no. 315432

Battery clip 9V Part no. 11280