Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd Annual Tactical Shotgun Championship

I just got the word today from Randy Luth, owner of the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range, that they will be able to host the 2nd annual Tactical Shotgun Championships at their range on the 28th and 29th of July, 2012.

Mark your calendar! Last years match may have been small, but it received great reviews from the competitors and 3-Gun Nation.

3 Divisions; Open, Tactical and Pump, just like last year.

Like I said, we just got approval today so the applications and more information will follow as soon as we hammer out the details.

Oh, Yeah. The Charcoal stage will be back. Start Practicing!

Returning Range Master: Bob Mills

The application is now available for the Tactical Shotgun Championship

Click Here for Application

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't there last year what was the charcoal stage.

Schultz

You threw charcoal bricks up in the air and shot them yourself. Max two per throw. 45 second par time. The trick is to throw them as far away from you as possible and not too high. A diffussion choke helps. Max hits in Open was 22. Good idea to practice this if you are shooting the match.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

I am in agreement with Jesse, the weather was awesome and the range was fantastic, this one is a great match and one of the few to run ahead of schedule and finish early. Can't beat that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am gonna be driving over to the match from my relatives in Wisconsin again. If anybody needs a ride from the Minneapolis St. Paul airport I will be planning on stopping there to give Jansen a ride again so I should have 2-3 more seats available if anyone needs a lift.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

• 1 month later...

We would like to thank the Sponsors who have committed, so far, to support The Tactical Shotgun Championship.

AP Customs, DPMS, ERGO, MGM Targets, R & R Targets, STI, Vortex Optics, TACCOM, Red Neck Tactical, Nordic Components, Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club.

We just received a Whirly-Gig and a couple of slug plates, from MGM Targets, that will be used in the match and then given away at the prize table.

Members of the Minnesota 3-Gun Group are working hard designing some fun and challenging stages, so get your applications in as soon as possible.

Link to Application

Edited by STOMPBOX

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jesse, That stage in the suspended half pipe looks fun. You mentioned the bar being set. I am just now designing a stage where we can shoot out of a hammock. Extra points for wearing a banana hammock while shooting this stage.

For those who are new to this location Del-Tone-Luth range has a campground on site with electical and showers.

Jay

Jesse, That stage in the suspended half pipe looks fun. You mentioned the bar being set. I am just now designing a stage where we can shoot out of a hammock. Extra points for wearing a banana hammock while shooting this stage.

For those who are new to this location Del-Tone-Luth range has a campground on site with electical and showers.

Jay

Be careful what you wish for!!!