Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

617 Poll

RevolverJockey

I have one 617

There are people with only one?

I have only one and it is set up for irons. I have thought of putting my spare Cmore on it, but I am not sure what I would do with it (I have a TS Buckmark with a Cmore). Boss, I added another option to the poll in case anyone else converts back and forth.

Lee

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

Found I didn't have much opportunity for practice w my 617 as we only have one Steel match a month. I prefer to do it with my competition 627 Open gun. Recently sold my whole 617 rig to another be member. Trying to keep the revo flame alive. :cheers:

Fiber optics should be added to this questionair:

I use them on my 617, 610 and 627. They are high quality and I recommend them for anyone who has eyes over 50 and those who want a significantly improved sight picture.

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=SWsights

Please note these Fiber Optics are for the Front and Rear sights! Whereas many use only a fiber optic front sight the addition of fiber optic to the rear sight is an amazingly bright three dot image to align with the target: Red, green, red.

I shoot standard revolver with my 610 in IPSC/USPSA and these sights are legal and make for fast transitions between targets. I use my 617 for practice.

Please note these Fiber Optics are for the Front and Rear sights! Whereas many use only a fiber optic front sight the addition of fiber optic to the rear sight is an amazingly bright three dot image to align with the target: Red, green, red.

I know some people like them, but in my opinion the last thing you want are amazingly bright dots on your rear sight. The rear sight should be nothing more than a fuzzy frame to look through, and there should not be anything on that focal plane drawing your visual focus away from the front sight.

I can't say I am faster without the fiber optic, but I will say I have more precision at speed without them. I tended to crutch against them assuming the dot would always be an acceptable sight picture when it was in the notch. I went to a Patridge front and Apex rear and I will not go back until I go blind. Additionally, no fiber optic, no fiber optic falls out. I think tracking the front sight through recoil with a revolver is much different than a semi auto.

Lee

• 3 months later...