Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Traffic

xsrdx

I think horrible traffic is near universal in the world today. Where is everybody going? 100 years ago, nobody left their house for DAYS. Today, nobody stays home for more than 10 minutes it seems.

Any time of day, any day of the week, traffic in the DC area is perpetual. Some of it is people going to work, some are travelers passing through. But who are all the people out driving around at 3PM on a Tuesday? Kids should be in school, lunch hour has passed, and adults with jobs should be working somewhere besides IN THEIR CAR.  So why are there just as many people driving around? Do these people not have jobs? Are all of them going to appointments? Screwing off?

No wonder productivity is going down the tubes, everybody in America is driving around instead of working.

It's so bad here I can't even drive to work anymore, I take the train. I can't go to the Dr. for my allergy injections. I couldn't park anywhere in the city even if I did drive. Going 25 miles to the range on the weekend takes a half-hour to get there in the morning and an hour to get back in the afternoon.

There needs to be a paradigm shift. With white-collar jobs, computers, and high-speed networks, we don't need everybody going into the office everyday. Let them work from home two or three days a week.

I hate it too...It takes me 30-45 min to travel 10 miles to work!!! 15 of which are waiting to get on the freeway!  I hate meetering lights!!! I would take sdurface streets but there  is no real direct route they are just as congested and the signal light timing is horrible.  and public transit would take even longer.  Can't win! I think half of the Califonians should more to North Dakota

• 2 months later...

I'd have to see the original image file on this so (for one thing) I could zoom in on the reflection on the side of that truck.....

But from what I've seen even here in Eugene, we should have this sort of message posted over several of our intersections!!

We have four  bridges across one of our freeways that get slightly lower each one. Before the first of these 4 bridges is a height sensor and a sign on the face of the bridge, warning heavy vehicles of an over height load. Same on next bridge and the next and another BEFORE the lowest.

Guess which bridge and sign was wiped out last week. Luckily not a rush hour.

So a@@holes are everywhere and behind the wheel.