Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 Tactical Sports vs. EAA Witness Elite Limited

Just two questions:

1) are the CZ pistols distributed by CZ-USA made in USA or made in Czech Republic?

2) are the EAA Witness pistols made in USA or made in Italy?

Thanks,

Demetrio.

Edited by Demetrio

Just two questions:

1) are the CZ pistols distributed by CZ-USA made in USA or made in Czech Republic?

2) are the EAA Witness pistols made in USA or made in Italy?

Thanks,

Demetrio.

CZ-USA is just an importer for CZ-UB.

EAA is just an importer for Tanfoglio.

• 1 month later...

I have a Limited and have shot a CZ TS. VERY different guns, and I think the Limited is a better gun for Limited Division. The magwell is bigger, it has a tunable trigger, and adjustable sights.

I've never had a problem with the CZC magwell on my TS. I don't see any need to have a bigger one.

(Oh, and also realize that the OP is asking about IPSC Standard, so if you're running some ginormous magwell, it might not be an option for him if it doesn't fit the box.)

The CZ Custom shop offers an adjustable flat trigger for the TS; similar to Henning's offering for the Tanfos.

I myself view adjustable sights as a liability, after several different makes failed at major matches. How often do you adjustable-sight guys actually adjust them, anyway? I get my fixed sights dialed-in and never touch them; when I ran adjustables, the same was true. (Note that when I say I get my fixed sights dialed-in, I'm not talking just windage; I always acquire or fabricate an appropriate front sight to adjust elevation.)

I currently own both....

I bought the Limited first, then the TS.

The TS larger and weighs more, slightly longer sight radius.

The Limited has a cheaper initial price, comes with a factory aluminum magwell and adj. sights (which will eventually break)

The TS has a sturdy, unbreakable rear sight/slide racker

Limited accessories, grips, etc are more expense than CZ TS stuff.

The TS has an *amazing* trigger out of the box.

on pure aesthetics, the Limited is the nicer looking gun.

Better support from CZ.

Limited is closer to perfect out of the box, many people hack on their CZ TS to make it "fit" better.

I have my .40 Limited for sale in the classifieds...

Edited by pivoproseem

So throwing $100 on a Limmited for upgraged screws(R sight) pins and slide racker ought to come close to leveling the playing field between the two.( still no Cone barrel in TS )

The CZ is a damn good gun But can only be chambered in 40SW & 9mm. Magwell will not handle any other calibers.

The Limited with one frame can switch to 10mm,9mm,40SW,38Super,S/C or .45 with simply swapping slides,spring and mag.

Reaming to: 9x23(38S mag) or 357Sig(.40 mag) or 6'' barrels are all available thru EAA. These hard parts are not available thru CZ.

Factoring in the ability for caliber swap, mag compatibility and availability of 6" barrels to be cut and threaded, lowers the cost a good bit in favor of Tangfolio's Limited and other LF pistols . That's a lotta bang for the buck!

Just my opinion

Edited by david s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you're in the U.S., I'd immediately go with the CZ just because EAA has horrendous customer service and support. If I were some place with a better importer, I'd take a closer look at the Tanfoglio, but I still favor the CZ's better trigger, smaller grip, and longer sight radius.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so the CZ has a bigger grip, but smaller mag well, than the Tanfoglio? this makes no sense to me. is is a length over width thing?

The grip (frame) of the TS is larger than a large-frame Tanfo. There is a lot of steel on there that isn't strictly needed; many shooters have had grip reduction work done on their TSes (grinding down the grip area of the frame).

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Trying to make up my mind on this very thing right now except not for match shooting.I put the Tanfo Bullseye and Hunter into the mix as well. Availability may be the deciding factor as I can currently find a CZ TS but no one has the tanfo LTD or Bullseye in stock. Im must admit that the plastic trigger shoe and guide rod on the CZ gives me some puase.

Trying to make up my mind on this very thing right now except not for match shooting.I put the Tanfo Bullseye and Hunter into the mix as well. Availability may be the deciding factor as I can currently find a CZ TS but no one has the tanfo LTD or Bullseye in stock. Im must admit that the plastic trigger shoe and guide rod on the CZ gives me some puase.

I would not worry about plastic parts, I have never heard of anyone breaking a TS trigger, nor guiderod (I can't say the same for steel) and even if you do break them, they're cheap to replace; besides, I'm definetly not interested in adding more weight to my TS. On the downside, you do loose the privilege of talking smack to Glock guys about their plastic guns.

One advantage to the Tanfoglio is the availability of slides/barrels; if you want to mess around with lightening cuts or a shorter slide for a comp and screw up with the Tanfo, call up and order another for a few hundred bucks. If you want another TS slide, you might have to sell your soul!

I have owned both the TS and the Tanfoglio, the choice was tough for me as are both great pistols, but I went with the TS and there's no going back now.