Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCW 1911

Iggy42

Ah...so many "wants" and so little $$$...

That bobbed Ranger is beautiful! That or the Tactical 4.0 would be my choice if I stopped carrying my Trojan. After having a Dan Wesson PM9 and a Springer Loaded, neither was as reliable as my STI. Both my Trojan and Edge are just perfect. Maybe if I sold one of my kids... :rolleyes:

That bobbed Ranger is beautiful! That or the Tactical 4.0 would be my choice if I stopped carrying my Trojan. After having a Dan Wesson PM9 and a Springer Loaded, neither was as reliable as my STI. Both my Trojan and Edge are just perfect. Maybe if I sold one of my kids... :rolleyes:

I call first dibs on the Edge! I do love my Ranger, but that new Tactical 3.0 is very tempting...once you go 2011, it's very hard to go back :angry2:

I call first dibs on the Edge! I do love my Ranger, but that new Tactical 3.0 is very tempting...once you go 2011, it's very hard to go back :angry2:

Oh, I didn't mean one of the STIs...I was talking either Mollie or Beckett... :blush: Ah, they're too good of kids to get rid of...dang! :devil:

Now I need to start saving for a 3rd STI...decisions, decisions...but that bobbed Ranger that gunfixer posted, oh daddy likey!!!

Springfield's LW Champion Operator is a great CCW 1911, I miss mine a little. Ok, a lot.

I would miss mine, but finding holsters was a biatch! Very few companies make holsters for 4"railed 1911s. 5" isn't that tough, but for some reason I had a lot of difficulty. The main reason I parted with mine was that I was using it as a nightstand gun, and my girlfriend shot it and hated it. She liked my M&P, so I figured I'd just use that instead and get a gun that was easier to conceal.

I replaced it with a Sig 1911 Traditional Compact and I'm very impressed with it. It's an all steel CCO configuration, but it's got a regular round top slide so it fits in normal holsters unlike previous Sig 1911s. Costs the same as a Kimber stainless compact, but with night sights, checkered front strap, forward slide serrations, a tastefully done dehorning, and the steel frame makes it more shootable but still carriable. I think I'm gonna try shooting IDPA with it in the spring.

• 3 weeks later...

Ummm...you do know they make a Tactical with a 4.15inch barrel and full dust cover? No hacksaw required :surprise:

I mention because OP seems really interested in having the full length cover, so 4.15 tactical would work. :cheers:

+1

The smallest one is a 3.75 barrel

Or for carry I've always liked the para warthog that hold 10 .45