Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Scooring Software

twix

Yes, I'm pretty sure we saved them to a text file. This is one step further than I got last night. Failed on being able to email the text files. Not sure we even found the text files.

Yes, we are not very computer savvy. :rolleyes:

Can you save the various results as text files? Then mail them that way?

You could, but I don't think USPSA (and Rob Boudrie would know more about this than I do!) has any kind of filter to format it so they can just run it through whatever they use to update the classification database. So I think they'd probably make hard copies and sort them the same way they do when you send paper copies in the mail.

The current update of the software formats the files so they can use them directly. I'm not sure if it matters with respect to the activity report and classification report as much as the match results. You don't need to send the match results, actually, but if you do you can get them posted to the USPSA web site so everyone can see them easily.

ChIPS has been doing this electronically all along, but I was sending the output files to the club president/match director and he was forwarding to USPSA and paying the mission count online as well. The reason for that is that he was making the payment he was the one who had the club's password to upload to the USPSA site.

At WVPPS, I still send paper copies because we pay by check, so there is no reason to get the reports to them before the money. Since I usually send them the day after the match, they will almost always get processed in time for the next update of the classification database. I may go ahead and get a password so I can do it electronically at some point in the future, but it's fun to exercise my neo-Luddite tendencies and send paper in the US Mail. ;)

If you have Acrobat full version, you can set Acrobat PDF Writer as the default printer and Bam, a PDF that you can e-mail.

Only rub is Acrobat full version runs a couple hundred :(

--

Regards,

At WVPPS, I still send paper copies because we pay by check, so there is no reason to get the reports to them before the money.  Since I usually send them the day after the match, they will almost always get processed in time for the next update of the classification database.  I may go ahead and get a password so I can do it electronically at some point in the future, but it's fun to exercise my neo-Luddite tendencies and send paper in the US Mail.  ;)

USPSA does a software based transfer from the files uploaded on line, so it's a big help to provide results using the classifier submission service (get your club's password from roger@uspsa.org). If you still send paper results, someone at HQ has to type each hit factor in manually.

At the end of the upload, you will be given a transaction number. When you mail the check to USPSA, you should write the transaction and club number on the check, and write "attn: mission count" on the envelope in which you mail the check. No other paperwork is needed with you check.