Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2012 Mississippi Classic

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you guys, I'm not a super huge fan of the early start times either but, with so much interest in the match this year, we had to add an additional block of time just so we could squeeze a few more folks into the match. Anyone want to volunteer some dozer time because we could REALLY use some more bays.

Also, based on this thread I'd just like to remind everyone that MS is a CONCEALED carry state. I don't care what you're packing to the crawfish boil but it better stay CONCEALED. We're a family friendly kind of operation so, if we need to declare keg stands at the crawfish boil a forbidden action in the stage description, I'll have a word w/ the Range Master and get it done. :cheers:

Knowing a couple of folks (and maybe even Randall now) will be wearing skirts (aka kilts), the rest of us would like to thank you for making keg stands a forbidden action.

I hear you guys, I'm not a super huge fan of the early start times either but, with so much interest in the match this year, we had to add an additional block of time just so we could squeeze a few more folks into the match. Anyone want to volunteer some dozer time because we could REALLY use some more bays.

Also, based on this thread I'd just like to remind everyone that MS is a CONCEALED carry state. I don't care what you're packing to the crawfish boil but it better stay CONCEALED. We're a family friendly kind of operation so, if we need to declare keg stands at the crawfish boil a forbidden action in the stage description, I'll have a word w/ the Range Master and get it done. :cheers:

Knowing a couple of folks (and maybe even Randall now) will be wearing skirts (aka kilts), the rest of us would like to thank you for making keg stands a forbidden action.

Perhaps we should ban kilts, skirts, dresses etc. for all male competitors at the Crawfish Boil. :surprise:

I will be wearing my kilt.... I will not be doing a keg stand.

All this kilt talk has me looking at a sport kilt. The boys want to roam free during a match! The MacBeans, Macintoshs, and Lenins in my family tree would approve.

BB

Competitors traveling to the Mississippi Classic, be advised that I spoke with Byram Police Detective Eric Rather on Saturday, 5/12 and learned that one of the match hotels, the Comfort Inn, (the one nearest the range) had five vehicles broken into last weekend. I explained to Detective Rather, who will be working the weekend of the Classic, that we would appreciate extra overnight patrols at both The Holiday Inn Express and The Comfort Inn due to the large number of out of town visitors and valuables. I will also speak with the Chief this week about extra patrols. I would highly recommend no valuables be left in your vehicles at the hotel.