Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moonclip Saver replacement?

kmca

TK Moonclips has no plans to make any more. Here is an Email I recieved over the weekend.

No plans to do so. Cost is $100.00 or more and then a markup there is little room to make a profit when buying more moonclips would cost less.

Tom

Ask him again

You may want to experiment with a ball pen hammer over some thick carpet. Don't hit it just push and then use the other side to straighten. :ph34r: Poor man got poor ways. :sight: later rdd

I just tried the ballpeen hammer method. Maybe a 2 lb hammer and a brass cap from a ball shutoff valve. The brass cap is 1.355 in. od and id of 0.770 in. with a plastic seal still in the cap. I flexed the clip then turned it over and flexed again. Then used the flat part of the hammer to straighten it. The tool is better as it will not let you mess up, but if you are paying attention you will do alright. The moonclip I used was a thin, 0.025 for the 8 shot 38. Yea it is a Redneck way to do it but if that is all you have it will get you by. And you don't have to have a lot to straighten to make the purchase worth it as you may have the stuff lying around. Will share with the guys tomorrow at ICORE match and see if they have any issues with it. I should be practicing, but No. 343 won't allow it. :ph34r: later rdd

The danger is that Hearthco won't sell as many if people straighten them out as they will if they toss them and buy new. Dave was making a joke. :P

Oh...okay..I couldn't tell by the tone of his voice :P

• 7 months later...