Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deltapoint & Arredondo mount question

Smokin

I just got my DP in tonight and got done grinding bolts on the mount for a good fit. My question is whether any of you are using any mounting plates for your deltapoints? Are you mounting it directly to the mount? Seems to work fine......but am concerned that I may be taking some shortcut.....

Post a pic if you get a chance. I'm going to this on my open gun as well but I'm using a blank mount so I can get mine as low as possible to the slide.

It would not be possible to mount the DP any lower than you can with the Arrendondo mount. I actually had to take a little bit off the front of the mount for it to clear the top of my slide.

I got the Arrendondo from Shooters Connection and it was shipped the same day I ordered it. These guys are FREAKISHLY fast on their shipping!

Edited by Mitch Harrington

• 3 weeks later...

It would not be possible to mount the DP any lower than you can with the Arrendondo mount. I actually had to take a little bit off the front of the mount for it to clear the top of my slide.

That is absolutely correct. I put one last night on one of my guns, and I had to remove quite a bit of material from the underside of the mount - close to .040", if not more.

So on my next one (I suspect there might be one in the future!) I would consider the undrilled model, except there is not much meat below the screws as it is, so I am afraid the screw heads will overhang the lower edge of the mount.

I really wish they extended the mount maybe 1mm lower for people like me.

Of course every gun is different, but mine is not unusual, so I suspect that interference must be a fairly common occurrence. Is it possible that the Caspian slide is a bit taller than the STI?

So far I like the overall result, will post pictures if anyone is interested. Now the dot is at about the same height above the bore as with the 90-degrees C-more mount.

Edited by Foxbat