Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 mags Need tuning?

XDman

Have been doing dry fire drills and just started to do empty gun reloads and missfires. However on my first attempt to cycle the slide after reloading, the slide seems to be catching on the rear of the follower. The gun has been set up to not lock back on an empty mag. So how do I correct this? Most likely will not run gun dry but then again......

Thanks for the help.

The follower and the slide release have already been modified. It does not lock open on the last round, but catches on the back of the follower after the last round has been fired. May go ahead and get the mag tuning stuff from Dawson and go that route, and then if it doesnt work, replace the followers.

Well, I got the Dawson 2011 mag tuning kit and it has made a great difference. With the tolerances Dave gives the slide just touches the top of the follower. Doesnt catch anymore.

Thanks for the advice.

Well, I got the Dawson 2011 mag tuning kit and it has made a great difference. With the tolerances Dave gives the slide just touches the top of the follower. Doesnt catch anymore.

Thanks for the advice.

Good to hear! I had to use my dawson kit to reform some feed lips that were straight up and down, they weren't really lips at all. Even though the "lips" were set right the follower kept popping out. Did you have to use the mandrel?