Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sights Losing Black Base Color

jellyb

When I shot iron sights (bo mars) I'd spray the front and rear sight with sight black in the can a couple times during a match. Stuff is almost as good as a carbide lamp black (but that is still the best). The only down side is that the sight black is temporary and will get on your cloths or shirt if you rub against it.

Edited by Bamboo

The small bottles that are used in modeling will work. I'm an old dude, past 70, and red works best on the front site for me. You can get many different colors of course but you need the flat model paint so it won't glare. Flat black will work well and does not glare in the sunlight. I have never tried red on the rear sight and I don't think it would work there. I have always kept the rear sight black and I like it also in a flat black. You can see the rear well enough but the front sight needs to be the focus point for close in targets and it still holds your attention when getting a sight picture on distant targets.

Hey Guys,

I went with the Birchwood Casey Super Black Touch Up Pen Flat and it worked well.

Thanks,

Jellyb

That's what I use and keep in my range bag. It will wear off when you clean and shoot your gun a few times. But it takes 10 seconds to re-apply, no brushes needed.