Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Conversion Kit and SIghts

jdv80

Hey Guys,

I have a Sig 226 Elite stainless and was wondering if anyone had experience with the .22lr conversion kit from sig. I wasn't sure if it would function the same as on the other pistols....but I hope so because it would save some money. My other question is that I have the factory night sights on the pistol and wanted to switch out to a rear adjustable sight and a fiberoptic front. The front sight has an "8" on the left side, so does this mean I would need to order a front "8" sight from Dawson, if I was to use them for the fiberoptic sight? Also I can't find anything on adjustable rear sights for the sig, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for so many questions.

Joe

Edited by jdv80

I use P226 22 conversion kits on a couple different P226s as well as three different X5s so you should be good to go.

As far as your sights, if you want an adjustable rear and you want to stay with a stock height front sight the only option that I am aware of is the LPA sight that hangsoff the rear of the gun it is part #tpu25ss**. You can get an idea of what it would look like on the LPA website. LPA also makes a sight set that does not overhang the back of the slide but it uses a much taller front sight to work. I do not know if the Dawson sights are available that tall.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the LPA overhanging sight Staudacher posted about on the rear of my P226. It works fine with a Dawson front FO and seems to be good quality. I had the tall version first and it was too tall to allow the gun to fit the holster, the front sight was so tall. It would work OK for a non-holstered gun. The rear overhang is fine, at least for me. I really like having adjustable rear sight whenever possible. Not on a carry gun, however.

Joe

Edited by Joe L

• 3 weeks later...

I have the LPA overhanging sight Staudacher posted about on the rear of my P226. It works fine with a Dawson front FO and seems to be good quality. I had the tall version first and it was too tall to allow the gun to fit the holster, the front sight was so tall. It would work OK for a non-holstered gun. The rear overhang is fine, at least for me. I really like having adjustable rear sight whenever possible. Not on a carry gun, however.

Joe

If you change the sights to the LPA's, does that take you out of the production class (action pistol) and put you into metallic sights?

If you change the sights to the LPA's, does that take you out of the production class (action pistol) and put you into metallic sights?

I'm not sure. I only have an IDPA option here, and the gun with the LPA sight is OK for ESP, not sure about SSP. I run ESP with it because I use an X-5 also in that class.

Joe