Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

middle of night surgery

eerw

Well Happy New Year. :angry:

My wife woke up in the middle of night with severe abdominal pain in the right side - front to back.

You guessed it..Gall Bladder

She got scheduled for surgery this morning and is finally resting comfortably ( as best as you can ).

But now with my layoff, my insurance benefits ran out at midnight and I am in limbo waiting for my information to be sent to Cobra. :wacko:

They say it supposed to be retro to Jan.1 no matter when I get signed up. I HOPE SO.

My wife woke up in the middle of night with severe abdominal pain in the right side - front to back.

She got scheduled for surgery this morning and is finally resting comfortably ( as best as you can ).

But now with my layoff, my insurance benefits ran out at midnight and I am in limbo waiting for my information to be sent to Cobra. :wacko:

They say it supposed to be retro to Jan.1 no matter when I get signed up. I HOPE SO.

COBRA or no COBRA -- talk to the hospital's billing department, and to the various physicians treating her. There is bound to be some balance left over -- those folks are often willing to work out a no interest payment plan, especially the hospital.....

I hope your wife makes a full and speedy recovery.....

Hang in there, Stu, and don't hesitate to reach out if I can help in any way....

Cobra is retroactive for 45 days after your coverage ends, no ifs ands or buts.Subject to copays and your deductible this will be covered. PM me if you have other questions...Kirby NCDOI.

At least they diagnosed it right away. I lived with that pain for 6 months, off and on, before it was correctly diagnosed. 3 ER trips, CAT scan, pain meds as needed, finally an ultra sound which found the actual problem.

If laproscopic, the left over air trapped in the body will migrate up and may cause immense shoulder pain. I couldn't lay flat for 3 weeks. FWIW.

Wish you both the best, and a speedy recovery.