Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titanium firing pin safety

evild

Unless the aftermarket striker has different geometry, there won't be any change in the trigger weight or feel. Supposedly the lighter pin will shorten lock time, and that's supposed to be good in that there is less time for the POI to drift from the POA after the striker is released. Now whether that really causes any measureable change in accuracy is open to debate.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Ti version and didn't like it, it scratched and was not smooth.

I do like the stock safety with the lighter spring. Of course a good polish job works well.

What I've done recently that I really like is I dome/round the stock safety like the Ti one.

I chuck it in a drill and use my stones to round the corners, fine stone it and then polish.

Now that makes the best feel I've felt!

What I've done recently that I really like is I dome/round the stock safety like the Ti one.

I chuck it in a drill and use my stones to round the corners, fine stone it and then polish.

That is what I do to my firing pin safety. Just do a little at a time until the sharp corners are gone.

The only good part about the ti safety is that its pre domed.

If you do not have the means to dome your stock safety then the ti unit is worth it as the cost is minimal.

I havent noticed any peening, scratching or damage to the domes of any of my Ti units but there IS peening where the striker engages the unit. I have seen similar peening on factory units as well.

I had the Ti version and didn't like it, it scratched and was not smooth.

I do like the stock safety with the lighter spring. Of course a good polish job works well.

Might you have a pic of what you did?

I'll take pics and post them, all I did was chuck the stock safety pin into my re-chargable drill and used my Lansky knife sharpening stones to round the corners so it's a full dome. Started with the medium (green) until is was the right shape and then used the fine (blue) stone to smooth out then polish with my dremal.

I'll take pics and post them, all I did was chuck the stock safety pin into my re-chargable drill and used my Lansky knife sharpening stones to round the corners so it's a full dome. Started with the medium (green) until is was the right shape and then used the fine (blue) stone to smooth out then polish with my dremal.

Did you get a chance to take pictures of this yet? Does anyone sell a steel plunger that is already rounded? Thanks.

Did you get a chance to take pictures of this yet? Does anyone sell a steel plunger that is already rounded? Thanks.

Yeah, any pics yet?