Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mech tech

jswitt99

I've had a 9mm Glock model since about the time they introduced them, if I do my part it can be accurate out to 100 yards or as accurate as 9mm can be. Mine has the open sight option and I run an old ProPoint and use it for pistol caliber matches and pins. I can say that it is very reliable with my production ammo. The only problem I ever had was with aluminum Blazer. A real hoot to shoot with the big Glock mags.

I have one of the 9mm models and am using the lower from my Glock 35 on it. I haven't shot it past 25 yards because the only thing I've used it for is indoor, matches that require pistol calibers, and don't go beyond 25 yards.

I think the trigger pull is horrible, but, I still managed to win both matches I shot with it. :surprise:

I have one of the 9mm models and am using the lower from my Glock 35 on it. I haven't shot it past 25 yards because the only thing I've used it for is indoor, matches that require pistol calibers, and don't go beyond 25 yards.

I think the trigger pull is horrible, but, I still managed to win both matches I shot with it. :surprise:

What/how does the mech upper have to do with or effect the 35 lower trigger?

The trigger on the 35 was worked over by Custom Glock Racing, and is pretty nice, for a Glock, but, the Mech Tech upper has a really wide striker, which gives the trigger a ton of creep, and the striker spring is really heavy, which increases the trigger pull weight. I've been going to see if I could work it down a little, but, it's one of those projects that just hasn't got done. :surprise:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a .40 cal upper and I'm pretty happy with it. Being a blowback design there is more recoil than a comped AR15, but nothing to worry about. I kinda wonder if lightening the bolt, like on a Benells, would do any good. I haven't tried to load for it, but most ammo stays under 6" at 100 yards with a red dot.

I have one of the 9mm models and am using the lower from my Glock 35 on it.

A Franken-Mech-Tech. Didn't know you could do that. What did you do, order the version for a G17/34?

I bought it used. It was made for 17/34, but, the 35 frame is the same thing and I haven't actually shot my 35 in years.