Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ is in town tonight but I can't sign for it until Tuesday

YamaLink

Thought this was a bit humorous.

Ghost Products sent my CZ 2-day FedEx business to business. It is in town tonight and I thought it'd be delivered to the FFL tomorrow. Nope. I can't get it until Tuesday. Why?

Monday is a no-work day for FedEx (and Postal) since Sunday is Christmas. I have no idea what Sunday - a regular no work day - has to do with taking Monday off (a regular work day).

My CZ, even though in town right now, won't be delivered tomorrow to the FFL because Saturday is not a work day for businesses according to FedEx even though many businesses are open.

Hey, Sunday isn't a work day for businesses either but they sure are taking Monday off as though Sunday were. I know, I know: this Sunday isn't any ol' Sunday.

Five days to get a 2-day package. The FedEx rep basically said over the phone "wow, you got hosed based on the weirdest circumstances of delivery days. Awesome."

It's okay, I know it's the timing of it all, and I've gone this long in my shooting life that another few days being CZ-less won't matter. Beside, my 5 mags from Greg are supposed to arrive Tuesday. That's when the big present opening day for me will be!

Edited by YamaLink

Happened to me over thanksgiving with a rifle... Feel for ya. UPS takes off the day after TG. Rifle was intown wednesday, didnt make the truck wednesday.. Had to get it monday.

Edited by DWFAN

I'm sure you are super excited but remember the drivers want a day off with their family just like the rest of us. I'm glad some companies step up and close during the holidays. I work for a great one and I refuse to shop on holidays because it just encourages companies to stay open. Just be patient and remember those drivers and warehouse guys are watching their kids play with Christmas toys.

I'm sure you are super excited but remember the drivers want a day off with their family just like the rest of us. I'm glad some companies step up and close during the holidays. I work for a great one and I refuse to shop on holidays because it just encourages companies to stay open. Just be patient and remember those drivers and warehouse guys are watching their kids play with Christmas toys.

+1.

Dude I know you're excited to get your toy but this is a pretty selfish comment if you think about it. If you wanted it so bad, why didn't you just purchase it earlier? It's Christmas and everybody deserves a little extra time with their families and friends.

Merry Christmas to you!

Edited by Ryan626

That's the plan: clean, polish, check reload OAL and shoot. Then measure the firing pin to see if I need an extended one from CGW for the lighter springs & my Federal primer reloads. I'd like the 8.5# MS or maybe the 11#. Pure uspsa pistol, no carry.

I haven't searched but the 11# recoil is the only item not popping up. I can find FP and MS and the reliability mod how-to. Probably CZ Customs for the RS?

I won't go off topic too far regarding "no shopping on holidays... you're selfish", but on a related note FedEx hired a contractor who is delivering packages house to house in a rental truck. I placed an order days ago and paid regular ground rates and it shows up at 8:15am on Saturday.

No shopping on holidays, no deliveries, say what you will. Just doing my part to keep the economy moving forward and give Saturday morning delivery contractors money to pay for those toys his kids will enjoy tomorrow....and Monday.

Thats the same one I bought and love it. A little spring change and polishing a few parts and your good to go.

It will be worth the wait!

Edited by YamaLink

Why didn't I purchase it earlier? I've been thinking about a CZ for over a year, but between traveling for a few months, racing bikes and getting into sporting clays, 1911 and debating the DA/SA for competition, well, some consumers like to take their sweet time.

Not everyone has a family to spend time with and not everyone celebrates Christmas. After I work a little this morning I'll be spending money in local stores today. Simple supply & demand.

My original post was not a rant against anyone or pouting about selfishness. It was part eagerness to say "hey, I got a CZ" and part humor that some could relate to: My 2-day Express can't be delivered to a business that is willingly open Saturday so now it will take 5 days - and I'm fine with that - yet my FedEx ground package was delivered days ahead of schedule at 8am Saturday.

+1.

Dude I know you're excited to get your toy but this is a pretty selfish comment if you think about it. If you wanted it so bad, why didn't you just purchase it earlier? It's Christmas and everybody deserves a little extra time with their families and friends.

Merry Christmas to you!

Edited by YamaLink

Why didn't I purchase it earlier? I've been thinking about a CZ for over a year, but between traveling for a few months, racing bikes and getting into sporting clays, 1911 and debating the DA/SA for competition, well, some consumers like to take their sweet time.

Not everyone has a family to spend time with and not everyone celebrates Christmas. After I work a little this morning I'll be spending money in local stores today. Simple supply & demand.

My original post was not a rant against anyone or pouting about selfishness. It was part eagerness to say "hey, I got a CZ" and part humor that some could relate to: My 2-day Express can't be delivered to a business that is willingly open Saturday so now it will take 5 days - and I'm fine with that - yet my FedEx ground package was delivered days ahead of schedule at 8am Saturday.

+1.

Merry Christmas to you!

Just got a little irritated with the post as I took it incorrectly. I took it as a complaint about people not working during the holidays type of a post. Anyway, too bad you don't live by me as I would have gladly invited you over for Christmas and have a meal with me and my family.

I too have a CZ Phantom and love it. I will definitely add a CZ in steel at some point. Hopefully sooner than later.

Ryan

Edited by Ryan626

That's the plan: clean, polish, check reload OAL and shoot. Then measure the firing pin to see if I need an extended one from CGW for the lighter springs & my Federal primer reloads. I'd like the 8.5# MS or maybe the 11#. Pure uspsa pistol, no carry.

I haven't searched but the 11# recoil is the only item not popping up. I can find FP and MS and the reliability mod how-to. Probably CZ Customs for the RS?

I won't go off topic too far regarding "no shopping on holidays... you're selfish", but on a related note FedEx hired a contractor who is delivering packages house to house in a rental truck. I placed an order days ago and paid regular ground rates and it shows up at 8:15am on Saturday.

No shopping on holidays, no deliveries, say what you will. Just doing my part to keep the economy moving forward and give Saturday morning delivery contractors money to pay for those toys his kids will enjoy tomorrow....and Monday.

Thats the same one I bought and love it. A little spring change and polishing a few parts and your good to go.

It will be worth the wait!

I know you weren't. I think things get lost in translation and tone on a forum.

I had a CZ75b as my first steel gun years ago. Ha, who hasn't own a CZ75b? That is usually the answer to the treads which ask "what gun do you most regret selling?" It was a great pistol and plinker, but for a match gun I'm a bit hesitant learning a new manual of arms. Thankfully I don't pay the mortgage based on my Production division earnings ($0). It'll be a fun and reliable firearm I'm sure. Big ol' piece of steel!

Wasn't trying to start an argument. Just pointing out a reason to be patient. If this is your first Cz you are in for a treat.

I am getting the same gun. Question should i get the $170.00 trigger job and the ext firing pin or just leave it alone and just shoot it.

I have the $1200 Shadow. I would buy the $880 version and send it to Stuart (eerw) if I had to do it over again. I felt one that he did and it was far superior to my trigger. From what I understand he could have gone lighter but it would require Federal primers only. If I wasn't trying to shoot open I would buy another one to send to him and just shoot federal primers and really feel like I was cheating.

I am getting the same gun. Question should i get the $170.00 trigger job and the ext firing pin or just leave it alone and just shoot it.

It's purely subjective... Out of the box a standard Shadow is extremely shootable as-is, though I'm not sure what their stock hammer-spring is, seems most of us can set off anything using a 15lb hammer-spring from CZC with the stock-length firing pin or with a 13lb hammer-spring AND an extended firing pin. With a 15 or 13 hammer-spring a Shadow's SA is IMHO better than about 99.8% of anything out there, and delivers a DA weight that's very livable and to where old fashioned practice will do about as much as anything else...

That said, one can go lighter with a CGW kit and/or sending it off to Stuart, but the gains are going to be more so in the DA pull then in the SA pull and will take some practice time too, so guess it's all up to what you're looking to get out of it.

Guess my feeling is that they start out, or with such a little work, can be made so good, that going further really comes down to the individual.

Guys running M&P's and Glocks spend LOTS to not even get into the neighborhood as where the Shadows start is all, so it's completely relative...

Edited by ck1