Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus I'd bet more than half the competitors never get to shoot their rifles past 200-300 yards. Personally I'd rather shoot 10 targets at 350 and in rather than 1-2 at 400 & 500.

Jesse I gotta say, you've finally said something I can agree with you on 110%,......BRAVO!!!!!!

BTW, thanks for the sticker info, I've got more coming.

Trapr

Nice unfortunately the shape didn't lend itself to a long skinny shape for a shotgun tube.

Been wondering if any info was going to be posted before the match lol Looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to it as well. How long has this match been scheduled???? Would be nice to see how many rounds we're going to need.

So no slugs? What about buckshot? Allowed on steel or not?

Round counts? Stages? Anything?

Also, whats the parking like? We are looking at driving an RV and pulling a Rhino to get around. Thanks.

There were no slugs or buck last year. Bring 250 of each and have spares is my thinking. Parking was ok. I think you'll be fine with what your driving. There were 2 or 3 RV's last year but I think they stayed there the whole time.

ClutchUSMC

There were a few spots for motorhomes on the range. I would advise contacting Ken Flood, or CMMG and asking for one of the spots as they might already be taken.

Parking on the range is pretty good unless there is a lot of rain.

Thanks guys, I'll leave the slug and buck and bring the pheasant loads.

Good idea. I fully expect to see that swinger again. Last year wasn't bad, but I wouldn't put it past him to move it back a few yards either. I did see some people shooting it on a windy day with cylinder bores at 15 yards a couple months ago. That was entertaining to watch!

Good idea. I fully expect to see that swinger again. Last year wasn't bad, but I wouldn't put it past him to move it back a few yards either. I did see some people shooting it on a windy day with cylinder bores at 15 yards a couple months ago. That was entertaining to watch!

I had it at 17 yards in my last club match, flitecontrol buck was the ticket. But yeah it really hurt the guys without cokes, you might as well shoot it twice to avoid the FTE and keep on going with a cylinder bore.

I had it at 17 yards in my last club match, flitecontrol buck was the ticket. But yeah it really hurt the guys without cokes, you might as well shoot it twice to avoid the FTE and keep on going with a cylinder bore.

why shoot twice?

6's are the largest shot allowed at this match if I'm not mistaken. Flight control rocks those things though!

why shoot twice?

6's are the largest shot allowed at this match if I'm not mistaken. Flight control rocks those things though!

I usually designate both plates must be engaged... i.e. they are seperate targets. Spinning is a penalty or bonus depending on the stage.