Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reaction Time with Pocket Pro 2 Timer?

Ssanders224

Hey guys,

I was reading on here about a drill where you start on the target, and break a shot as soon as you hear the buzzer.

I had never tried this, so I decided I would today. I use a Pocket Pro 2 timer, that always works great.

Problem is that It was not recording my shot? My buddy was helping me ( holding the timer).

I was breaking a shot as soon as I heard the beep, but nothing showed up? If I hesitated, the timer would pick up the shot. Around .20 or so.

But at full speed it wouldnt read anything?? Am I just "outrunning" the Pocket Pro?

Is the beep or buzzer still going when you shoot? Might need to find the little microphone hole on the timer and point that in the direction the shot sound is coming from. The beep or buzzer might be too loud for the timer to pick up anything else. It also might have an over ride that keeps the timer from recording anything while the beep or buzzer is going off.

Thanks for the responses guys.

My guess is that, like stated above, it does not start recording until the beep is done?? Which poses a problem, because Im not the Flash or anything, but I can for sure break the shot before the beep stops?

That is kind of a bummer. The Pocket Pro 2 is a very popular timer, and I hear about this drill a lot.... So I figured it would work?? ( or I guess it will if you reaction time is over .20 or .25??)

If anyone else has experienced this.. or has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks!

The full beep is normally .3sec in duration which is the reason for all the blurb in 9.4.6.2. I don't know the Pocket Pro 2 but it should have a delay option so you can press the button yourself and then the delay before the beep.

I guess I dont understand. the beep is normally .3 seconds? so if I understand that correctly, unless your slower than .3 it wont record you??

The pocket Pro 2 definitely has a random start. But that does not apply much to the problem? Wether the timer gives the random start, or a human... its the same thing?

What is 9.4.6.2??

Sorry if its a stupid question.

• 1 month later...