Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD M 5.25 Holster

dkuz

Any word as to which model?

It's being developed by Rob Leatham that's all I know. The lady I spoke with put me on hold and talked with someone in the marketing department. She came back on and told me to call her in January because that's when the holster will be ready.

If you are looking for a competition rig, I just bought a Comp-Tac and it is great (the fit is perfect). I like it better than my Blade-Techs.

The league I will be shooting in this year may allow that type of holster. The current rules state that the holster must have one active retention device. So far the only holster I have found that fits that criteria is the Blackhawk SERPA, which I am not a huge fan of.

Newbie question so appologies in advance. Being new to the sport, would it be possible for someone to list the specifics of what you need to buy from CompTac to put together a competition setup? Holster (model), belt, mag holders (model and how many) etc? I have the new Xdm 5.25 and would like to start buying what I will need once I learn to shoot a tad better. BTW - I will be shooting Production. Thanks in advance.

Edited by C6 Guy

Newbie question so appologies in advance. Being new to the sport, would it be possible for someone to list the specifics of what you need to buy from CompTac to put together a competition setup? Holster (model), belt, mag holders (model and how many) etc? I have the new Xdm 5.25 and would like to start buying what I will need once I learn to shoot a tad better. BTW - I will be shooting Production. Thanks in advance.

My Comp-Tac just came in Monday. I got the paddle (left handed) and it fits perfect. It rides a little high for my liking but that is only due to having some love handles hanging over the belt. I used it last night at my local indoor competition and I really liked it. I have not gotten any mag holders from Comp-Tac so I can not speak to them but if they are as quality as the holster then I'm sure you will not have a problem. My current setup is 3 additional mags (1 double mag and 1 single mag Uncle Mikes) which I like in case I need to make an unplanned reload or I have a complete melt down :) Belt is Uncle Mikes also, I went cheap (I think I'm into the mag holders and belt $50?) and it works fine for me as a newer shooter setup. Hope this helps!

My Comp-Tac just came in Monday. I got the paddle (left handed) and it fits perfect. It rides a little high for my liking but that is only due to having some love handles hanging over the belt. I used it last night at my local indoor competition and I really liked it. I have not gotten any mag holders from Comp-Tac so I can not speak to them but if they are as quality as the holster then I'm sure you will not have a problem. My current setup is 3 additional mags (1 double mag and 1 single mag Uncle Mikes) which I like in case I need to make an unplanned reload or I have a complete melt down :) Belt is Uncle Mikes also, I went cheap (I think I'm into the mag holders and belt $50?) and it works fine for me as a newer shooter setup. Hope this helps!

mwin, Thank you for the feedback I really appreciate it.

We just got in 5.25 specific BladeTech holsters.

My new Blade Tech 5.25 just arrived from SP. It's a perfect fit and shipping was lightning fast even this close to Christmas.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by MJPLEO

mwin, Thank you for the feedback I really appreciate it.

No problem, I just wish I would have found this forum before I started. Its been some trial and error for me.

I've been using my Safariland 5187 sized for my 5" XD Tactical .45 with my XDM5.25 9mm. It fits pretty well, covers the trigger, and allows a decent draw. It's worked well for two matches so far and the only issue is keeping a thumb over the back of the slide when reholstering, so it doesn't push the slide back slightly. Fairly inexpensive and works for me until dedicated holsters are available.

Jim