Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35

shovel_doctor

I am new to this site and competitive shooting. I have been shooting at the local matches for about 8 months. I started out shooting a G35 that I set up for limited but wanted to try open. I have finally finished the gun and was wanting to know if there was anyone out there who has a similar set up and also if there are any problems I should be ready for. I have not had a chance to shoot the gun yet, weather has not allowed for it. Here is a little of what was done to the gun... C-More sts, SJC micro mount, SJC comp, SJC mag release button, SJC magwell, kkm barrel, tungsten guide rod. Thanks in advance for any info and comments.

post-35684-0-50504300-1323216223_thumb.j

post-35684-0-94847400-1323216237_thumb.j

I am new to this site and competitive shooting. I have been shooting at the local matches for about 8 months. I started out shooting a G35 that I set up for limited but wanted to try open. I have finally finished the gun and was wanting to know if there was anyone out there who has a similar set up and also if there are any problems I should be ready for. I have not had a chance to shoot the gun yet, weather has not allowed for it. Here is a little of what was done to the gun... C-More sts, SJC micro mount, SJC comp, SJC mag release button, SJC magwell, kkm barrel, tungsten guide rod. Thanks in advance for any info and comments.

Nice work on your 35! I am building a 17 right now for open. I am in a similar situation, I have been shooting iron sights for the past 9 months or so, but I really enjoy shooting my .22 open. One aspect to look out for is your recoil springs you are using. Based on the changes, you may need to tweak your springs to get your 35 to run "smooth". Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Well I went out and shot it yesterday and for the most part it went well. I got it sighted in and that was easy enough. One of my buddys has a polish plate rack that he brought out, talk about a good time. I was probably 100 rounds in or so and it started shooting far left. I found the two screws that hold the c-more onto the mount(the only two I forgot to put loctite on). I didn't really have any problems with the gun running. I had a couple light primmer strikes, Im sure the firing pin spring is about do for replacement. I do need to look into the guide rod spring, its a little "snappy". Its got the stock weight right now, 17lbs? SJC sells a 14lb spring that i might give a try. I also need to come up with a load. I was shooting 155gr 5.4gr titegroup yesterday.

I started with a Open G35 but soon realized that to be competitive I had to go to 9mm Major, so I built my G34 (all SJC products) shot it two seasons. I got better with it but then seem to hit a wall. I just bought a Brazo Pro SX and am looking forward to next season. You might want to try HS6 for powder it burns slower than Titegroup, better for your comp. Good luck.

post-23900-0-48638800-1323651712_thumb.j

I'll have to try Federal primers. I have read a lot about VV N320 powder. Any thoughts?

The burn rate of 320 is not much diffrert from titegroup, both will burn up while in the barrel not leaving enough gas to drive the comp. You want a slower powder, along the lines of hs6 as mentioned above. With titegroup or 320 that comp is just a weight on the end of the barrel.-------Larry

So I went out today and chronoed my loads. I decided to give Winchester Auto Comp a try. 7 gr. 1.125 oal. I had a wide spread 1267 to 1118. 7gr is at the bottom of the scale on the load chart I found. Gun seemed to shoot much better than it did with the titegroup. I did have one ftf, bullet ramed into the top side of the barrel. I did order a lighter spring yesterday. Any thoughts? Thanks.

of your are shooting TG ull be fine... i usually stick on my load if i reach atleast +4 min PF so i guess 4.6 - 4.8gr 180gr bullet head should be fine and 1.135 oal

This is about an Open gun that needs lots of gas at the comp not a powder that is burnt in the barrel. I had to go to 7.2 of AC w/155MGHP to lower the ES & SD.

• 11 months later...