Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tecloaders

Smokin

I don't see why they don't sell. Most of the Saiga's I see (yes even the $3K saga's) seem to malfunction enough to make me skittish. There aren't enough of these new Akdals out there yet, and USPSA rules still impose that 10+1 rule in open so that tules out the Xrail in some matches. Even if you use the Xrail, Even with the Xrail you would need tecloaders to load the shotgun. $50 piece of plastic. Pure margin. I would wonder why they don't keep up with demand.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the patent on the tec loaders is done with. I believe the reason why you don't see anyone really developing anything is sales. Not really a lot of people knockin down the doors to develop the tec loader system any farther.

We used to make that extension for the tec loaders a few years back. Wasn't really a huge seller. Shooters connection had some made too, but I believe they have since dropped them as well.

Somewhere on BE is a 'how to extend your tec loader' step by step instructions using plastic conduit and fiberglass that you can buy from your local hardware store.

Also on that note, a guy could also make his own using that plastic conduit, a saw, a little heat and probably a mill to cut the slot.

Tim