Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck if I got there a day early I would be happy to trade some beers for some advice on stage breakdown.

It's a deal then. I'll bring a Keg of Homebrew Belgian Wit and you can bring a 3GL with you too. Sounds like a good trade to me :cheers:

I hacked in to a mainframe and programmed it to send my registration info 1000 times a second! If I get all 250 pro slots do I automatically win?

PS just kidding Linda:)

Since ONLY the first one counts, the better plan is to send ONE fast & punt the other 999. Once you see one message on a big white screen that says your name was entered, you're done.

As I explained to the "Mayor" a few years ago, multiples are a waste. It could be marginally helpful to have friends or neighbors try to put your info in, but 3 entries by the same person is useless once the first confirmation message appears.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2012 ARFCOM-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

I wonder if it will break like last year, then start working 6 minutes later? :-)

It did not break. I did not allow enough time to switch files. That is why last year I shut testing down 30 minutes before the real time. This year I gave myself an hour. And, since I am here browsing, I am actually done already with prep on my end.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

I wonder if it will break like last year, then start working 6 minutes later? :-)

Only if everyone submits multiple entries like it appears many plan on doing....

:rolleyes: There were people that got in days after the kickoff so I don't think

multiple entries are even necessary.

I think last year's problem was a computer configuration issue that Linda got corrected quickly. It should go fine this time.

Craig

This is the second year of the best three gun match there has ever been in many peoples eyes. I doubt this will take days to fill up like last year.

I was just poking fun at Gerrard about the mainframe comment.

Oh, I know. I was just trying to stress that ONE complete entry is enough. If you are using 2 computers, hopefully one is for a second competitor.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Three computers and three itchy trigger fingers - told my son there's $20 in it for him if his entry gets me in. :cheers:

On 2/3 of your practice runs, your email address was wrong. Many test runs had double periods after "hot" -- type carefully.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Three computers and three itchy trigger fingers - told my son there's $20 in it for him if his entry gets me in. :cheers:

On 2/3 of your practice runs, your email address was wrong. Many test runs had double periods after "hot" -- type carefully.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Thanks Linda! Double checking all computers now.