Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guys who think its funny to mess with anothers equipment/ weapon

JKSNIPER

At a LE sniper competition....guy goes to the line and fires his COF...comes off the line ....takes me off to the side and tells me someone messed with his stuff.

There apparently was a "comedian" who was "faking" bending over and giving guys scope knobs a twirl and in this case he , for whatever reason, decided to actually do it to one guys scope.

The head guy running the show was NOT happy about this and let everyone know just how unhappy he was.

We let the guy who's scope was messed with re-zero and re-shoot the portion of the comp his stuff was fudged up on.

Hey ...you're out at the local range with your best buddy and you're both firing and you want to mess with him and throw a round out of the black on his target to make him think his eyesight is going.....fine.

But at a national level event with guys from all over the country serious about their "game"to mess with a guys stuff..... and especially a rifle that could possibly be deployed on an actual incident if the guy got called out?

Thats just plain freaking stupid.

Dunno what goes through guys heads sometimes.

Rant off.

JK

Had it happen a couple times when I shot skeet. Guy put another competator's safety on during a shootoff. Happend once to my brother who was I believe 13 at the time. This was a Krieghoff so the safety dosent get bumped on the button must be pressed before it will move. Believed we knew who it was but couldnt prove it. He was very proud of his childs win though. Another was in the gun champ shootoff that I was actually in. Someone though it was funny to mess with the other guys safety and laughed when he got lost targets after a couple boxes. Ref basically said rules are the rules lost pair even after it was discovered what happend and I was ok with letting him have it again. I got up and blew 2 nice holes in the ground and we went on to the next station to keep the shootoff going. If your going to win, win the right way not by messing with someones equipment.

If I were the MD/RM/whatever at a match where that happened, I'd DQ the offender immediately, and strongly consider banning him if it was within my power.

Without a doubt... Immediately DQed, banned from that match, and the organization if possible. Not to mention the possible reprisal in the parking lot. NOT funny! Definitely Unsportsman like conduct. But most of all dangerous to everyone dependant on that rifle.