Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I know I haven't been on in a while. Consolation prize - I haven't shot for as long as I haven't been on :angry2:

But I was trading a PM or two with a friend on here, and received some good news that I just have to share.

For fans of sports, there are special people that are just cool to watch. Jordan when he was at his prime. Brady, love him or hate him, when he's on he's amazing. Woods (and I do hate him because of what he did) is simply incredible when he's on his game.

Well, I "watch" all those other sports. But I am a hockey fan. A fanatical, at times embarassing, fan of hockey. I watch all hockey, but my team is the penguins. It's an illness as my wife describes it . . .

I think Ovechkin is great. Great player. Hate playing him, but can see his skill. I like Stamkos too - he's got skills.

But I (admittedly biased) believe Sidney Crosby is the Jordan of the hockey world. And after some big injury issues he's back tomorrow night. I'm super excited. I think he's the best in the game -

And we're going to the game. An added bonus that is bound to be a memory.

Good things. Good things.

Vluc - Hope you catch this one!!

Jack

Agreed brother Hockey nut!

Can't see how a boring as s**t game like baseball became the American national pastime.

Hockey is the greatest game out there.

Crosby is Gretzky with a physical presence.

Mario was supreme but he too was plagued by disease and injuries.

Islander fans in this house (of course). Loved the "dynasty " years.

Used to see Bobby Nystrom at the local rink when I coached hockey.

He was a total gentleman. Extremely nice guy.

JK

I enjoy hockey, and I really LIKE that Sidney Crosby is back, and in style. 2 goals, 2 assists in his first game back. Hope he stays healthy for a long time. Cheers.

-br

Edited by BR

Holy crap was that a game.

Something special. I can't take away from those that watched it on TV, but to be there was a blessed experience.

I've seen a lot of incredible sporting events. Specifically in our sport, but in others as well. But tonight will rank amongst the highest.

87 was something incredible tonight. To be there, to witness it all, to in some small way be a part of it - just amazing.

Welcome back Sid. And thanks. I think it's cool he thought Fluery deserved the puck for the shutout (Fluery is our goalie for those that don't know)

Jack

Forget crosby...bring back old time hockey! I miss probert, poescheck, domi & mcrae!!!!

The past is the past.

The rear view mirror only shows where you've been.

The windshield is where you're goin'!!!

J

Sid is a great player with some tremendous skill, thats for sure, but idk about his "physical presence". Ive seen him dodge away from contact more times than i could begin to count (before his concussions obviously-im sure he'll be a little more leary of contact for awhile now that hes back). Ill take Ovechkin over Crosby any day of the week.

I just dont like how he somehow became the poster child of the NHL. The whole sport doesnt revolve around him yet the media tries to make it that way, like bumping a huge original 6 matchup off of Versus last night to put his game on instead. Just bugs me how the league panders to him.

That being said, he had one heck of comeback night!!! wow! Certainly that will revitalize the Pens.

it's good to see you back here Jack!

Thanks, I need to get on more. Good to hear from you!

While his return is good for hockey in general, and great for the Penguins. It's bad new for my Flyers.

Philly is good this year. I wouldn't worry alot. I'm still banking on my Pens, but do think Philly is a quality team. The Jagr move was brilliant. I'm a little more critical of the Talbot move - not because he came from the Pens. Because I don't think he was worth those $$$

Ill take Ovechkin over Crosby any day of the week.

I hear your comments on Sid. I'll give ya Ovie though. I think he's a strong player - wicked slap shot. But ultimately I don't think he's has as whole a game and it seems their locker room needs work - which to me speaks to leadership

They CRUSHED the Islanders.....much to my chagrin. :angry:

He definitely had a superb comeback.

JK

It was awesome. I have no other words. Awesome!

Thanks all - great to hear from you guys!

Jack

How lucky you are to be there.

I had season tickets for the LA Kings the first year @ Staples Center. Went to over half.

I like watching on TV out of necessity but it a much better sport in person.

It is great that he is back. He makes the sport better.

While his return is good for hockey in general, and great for the Penguins. It's bad new for my Flyers.

The Flyers are my team as well, and although Crosby, Malkin and crew are intimidating, DO NOT count out the Flyers because they have a tremendous amount of talent with solid goaltending to back it up. As we all know, the season is long and injuries happen, so the key is to be healthy and have momentum come playoff time. That being said, it is too hard right now to be sure what will happen, and GO FLYERS!

Love all the support for the Flyers. They are indeed a good team this year. All I was saying is Crosby alone will win several games for the Pens, making winning the division more challenging for the Flyers. It is a long season, and hockey is all about the playoffs.

Nobody showing any love for D-town???

Went to a game at the Joe a few weeks back...great game!

Go Wings!!

Big wings fan here too! Was up there for their annual "Hockeyfest" in September and got to meet a bunch of the players and got some autographs. Got tickets when Ovechkin comes to town in March :)

Two hockey games in a week.

The busiest week of the year for guys like me - in retail.

Great things. Clearly a little hangover from Crosby's first game. The loss, and then no goal tonight. It's a blessing when "no goal tonight" doesn't meet expectations I guess.

But tonight was fun. A good win, 3 points for 87, and some good scoring chances. I trust he'll be twickling the twines again soon.

Thanks to all the hockey nuts that posted. It's the only sport on TV I truly love so I like hearing from others.

J