Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PC627 6.5"

Ty Hamby

Are there any currently available options to buy/build and ICORE limited 6+ inch barrel gun. The used market is invisible or non-existant on options. Performance Center is not helping? So what can I do to build one similar to John B's

There was only 200 of the 6.5" made for Lew Horton and only 199 left as I had one modified to shoot 38 short colts only. Before you ask where the barrel is it is long gone and it had been ported which would not allow you to shoot limited. I did find another one at Rock Island Auction and I paid dearly for it. It does look good next to my 27-7 6.5" 8 shot (only 100 of those made. Your best bet is to find a 6.5" 27 barrel and put it on a 627 frame. Some people have done this and it works great and does look pretty cool. The 6.5" barrels for the 627PC were made fow Lew Horton so Smith & Wesson will probably not have any for sale or even in stock. I know a lot of people would like to find barrels but they are non-existent. Best of luck.

Your best bet is to find a 6.5" 27 barrel and put it on a 627 frame. Some people have done this and it works great and does look pretty cool.

I bought an 8 3/8" model 27 barrel and mounted it on my 627, works fine for me. :cheers:

I'm not familiar with ordering parts directly from Smith. Can anyone tell me what barrels are available that will work on the 627 that are 6.5" I would like to call them up and order a stainless full lug 6.5" barrel that will work on a 627. Do I need a model number or part number. Does a barrel like this even exist? If it doesn't exist what barrels currently in production exist? Any finish will do. Any style will do. Just must be factory S&W barrel. Full lug stainless/blue preferred.

It does look good next to my 27-7 6.5" 8 shot (only 100 of those made).

Since you have a 27-7, that means at least four of the 100 are currently in the State of Iowa. ;)

I'll bet you the balance of the 100 are in PA, they practically hand you an 8 shooter when you enter the state. Everybody at the PSA has at least two!

It does look good next to my 27-7 6.5" 8 shot (only 100 of those made).

Since you have a 27-7, that means at least four of the 100 are currently in the State of Iowa. ;)

I'll bet you the balance of the 100 are in PA, they practically hand you an 8 shooter when you enter the state. Everybody at the PSA has at least two!

I still owe Mike a good cigar for one of the 4 in Iowa and I guess I will have to go to the PSA next year to get another one just handed to me, it would be worth the trip. Hell I will drive there tomorrow if they will just give me one and while I am there I'll grab one for you Mike. :goof:

Edited by revoman

Will any N-frame .38 barrel work, or does it have to be a barrel designed for an eight shot. Will a 27-2 barrel work on a 627?

I've been told any will work

Thanks for the information. I was getting worried the thread was not going to get back on topic. I think anymore posts will still be a drift.

Next question how about a 686 barrel. Will it work on an N-frame. I really want a 6" or 6.5" full lug stainless barrel.

Edited by Ty Hamby