Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help identifying Tori nonaka shoes

bruised lee

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facebook inov8 rep recommends roclite 285-295 over the mudclaw and talons.

I have to disagree with that advice. I own a pair of Mudclaw 333 and a pair of hikers with a roclite sole. There is no comparion between the two on loose surfaces, mud or wet grass. The Mudclaws just kick ass, and the roclites are so-so. On hard surfaces and wet wood, the roclite might be a touch better, but the rubber in the mudclaw soles is so soft and tacky that it works just fine.

The biggest downside I see to the Mudclaws is that the rubber is so soft, that after one season of hard use, the cleats are about half gone. They still work quite well, though.

-Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, I just happened on this thread now. I was lolling for all terrain sneaker for use at matches.

After much looking I found the INOV 8 Mudroc 290's;) I received them a couple of weeks ago. Very nice, and very well made. I prefer an all terrain sneaker/runner than the seemingly more popular "cleats".

had a friend try the Inov8 212 talons vs the Salomon Speedcross 3. He says for comfort the Salomons wins handsdown. He felt the upper of the Inov8 was kinda flimsy. So the Speedcross seems to be pulling out front. Also in my sights are a new pair of North Face Hedgehog mids, or the other north face regulars with the same soft aggressive tread.

upper flimsy is good. it breathes. i have 3 pairs of inov8s, two for crossfit and the 272s for shooting. the rocklites might be great but i've never had an issue with my mudclaws and i've shot in a few different types of terrain.

had a friend try the Inov8 212 talons vs the Salomon Speedcross 3. He says for comfort the Salomons wins handsdown. He felt the upper of the Inov8 was kinda flimsy. So the Speedcross seems to be pulling out front. Also in my sights are a new pair of North Face Hedgehog mids, or the other north face regulars with the same soft aggressive tread.

I have worn two pairs of Hedgehogs and while awesome for daily use or IDPA, for the grass, gravel, and muck of my range I bought the Mudclaws. They are not equal shoes, but If it's dry out I don't think you'll have any problems with the Hedgehogs. Get the lows though, You'll be able to move and contort better. If you have ankle problems, work on that because it will be your limiting factor on movement, not your shoes...

I have the Inov-8 Unisex Oroc 350 Spiked Training Flat and I find the metal spikes keep my feet from sliping on wood, they are as comfortable as any shoe I have ever owned but always thake them off after a match because it would be simular to walking through your house with steel golf shoes.

http://www.amazon.com/Inov-8-Unisex-Spiked-Training-Womens/dp/B002NPC5US/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331264323&sr=8-1

Edited by rupie

I have both the Inov-8 MudClaw 333 and the Oroc 350, and I like the Oroc 350's much better. They have plenty of traction and grip and they feel much more comfortable to me than the MudClaw's.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a pair of Mudclaws for my wife (they didn't have my size). The shoes were too narrow and were returned to Zappos. Since inventory is so limited right now we are not able to try another size. Do the Inov8s usually run narrow?

Edited by blueeyedme

Ordered a pair of Mudclaws for my wife (they didn't have my size). The shoes were too narrow and were returned to Zappos. Since inventory is so limited right now we are not able to try another size. Do the Inov8s usually run narrow?

I've heard that for some people - for me, they were a half-size small all the way around (length and width).

i have 3 pairs of inov-8s (different models) and they all fit well but for people with wide feet i've heard that they should order a half size bigger.

I'm a 9.5 in Asics and New Balance and they are almost a perfect fit for running, just a tad narrow on my slightly wide feet. I'm a 9.5 in North Face Hedgehogs and they are super comfy but just a tad short for running shoes, but just fine for allday treking. The Inov-8 MudClaws are perfect for what we do at our range, which is sprinting through a mud and grass obstacle course. They are snug, but I think I'd leave a 4"x10"x2" hole before they lost traction or my foot rolled in the shoe.

One thing that has yet to be thought about in this sport is connection with the ground. An exaggerated example would be the difference between balancing on

Airex-Balance-Pad-189155-PRODUCT-MEDIUM_IMAGE.jpg and 4708485525_5f1e1d6d79.jpg.

The MudClaw has decidedly less cushioning and more flex that most shoes and not as much difference between in height at the ball of the foot and the height at the heel. That's why I'm looking at the BareGrip 200, because it has no cushioning and 0 difference in heel toe height. But I have a hunch Inov-8 is going to give the last on their trail shoes a going over, so I'm waiting to jump into something like that.

Edited by PistoleroJesse

I'm a 9.5 in Asics and New Balance and they are almost a perfect fit for running, just a tad narrow on my slightly wide feet. I'm a 9.5 in North Face Hedgehogs and they are super comfy but just a tad short for running shoes, but just fine for allday treking. The Inov-8 MudClaws are perfect for what we do at our range, which is sprinting through a mud and grass obstacle course. They are snug, but I think I'd leave a 4"x10"x2" hole before they lost traction or my foot rolled in the shoe.

One thing that has yet to be thought about in this sport is connection with the ground. An exaggerated example would be the difference between balancing on

Airex-Balance-Pad-189155-PRODUCT-MEDIUM_IMAGE.jpg and 4708485525_5f1e1d6d79.jpg.

The MudClaw has decidedly less cushioning and more flex that most shoes and not as much difference between in height at the ball of the foot and the height at the heel. That's why I'm looking at the BareGrip 200, because it has no cushioning and 0 difference in heel toe height. But I have a hunch Inov-8 is going to give the last on their trail shoes a going over, so I'm waiting to jump into something like that.

Granted they are 3mm, I was considering checking out the x-talon 190s.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want more support more traction and better quality try these

Given what I've seen and experienced, you're wrong on the traction angle - I've watched several folks slide around on Speedcross 3s and other folks in Mudclaws do just fine on the same surface, using similar technique (talking top level shooters here, as well). Don't know how you could estimate quality, given that no one I've seen reports from has had quality problems with either?

its cause he is sponsored by them and spewing there propaganda around the forum again

Your wrong - I bought mine full price before our teams were sponsored. I am wearing speedcross 2 the original pair I bought from zappos.com After testing them against the rocs I liked them better for comfort and traction. We received sponsorship after we started talking about them. Both shoes are good it depends on what you like - try both.