Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ky-tac holster

n2299

I have been looking for a "perfect" holster for my G17 for the past year. I have owned a Safariland's 560 CustomFit, BladeTech's straight drop, a "low end" Forbus paddle. Even Comp-Tac's excellent paddle wasn't the answer. For whatever reason none of them was quite the right fit for me.

I have read some rave review about Dave Elderton's Ky-Tac holsters. At the same time, there were a few posts about slow delivery.

I have to admit it was with some hesitancy that I gave Dave a call 3 weeks ago. He was most helpful on the phone in helping me decide the correct holster and mag pouch combo. We talk about delivery time. I told him I had a match in 5 weeks. He said he will get it to me in 4 weeks. He told me to give him a call after 3 weeks to check on the status of the order. Much to my surprise when I call after 20 days I was told the holster was sent 4 days earlier and amazingly it arrived the next day after my call. In case you were wondering why it took 5 days for the package to arrivee... it's because he had to send it from Okahoma to Canada. :) And he only charged me "actual shipping" instead of some inflated "International order surcharge".

Anyway, I have had a couple of days of dry firing and a range session with the KT-2. Dave was not kidding when he told me it's a "fast" holster. :)

The workmanship, fit and finish on the holster and mag pouches were excellent.

I know where I'll look the next time I need a kydex holster. :)

I have two Bravehearts, a modified Sooper Hooper (I had Dave cut a slot out in the belt tunnel so I could 'capture' a belp loop with it), and 4 MP-1's. I'm a big fan, but I have a problem with breaking the clips on the Bravehearts and the MP-1's. I just sent some of the gear back to Dave to get repaired. He's great about fixing it, no questions asked, no hassle.

I love my KyTac gear, you just have to go easy on the clips.

- Gabe

I carry every day outside of the house with a BraveHeart and inside the house with a different BraveHeart! The light carrier on my belt is a Ky-Tac too. I have some other items, but they don't get used as much.

I think the BraveHeart is the best IWB holster made, especially if you consider only Kydex. The second best is the Comp-Tac Gurkha and you can see from the similarity to the BraveHeart (which predated it by years) why I like it. Imitation is a form of flattery!