Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Walking Dead Season 2

OPENB

I like the show. Great special effects. I have been frustrated by the actions/non-actions of the survivors - keeping the old cars, not picking up the good guns, not raiding the Georgia gun shops. But I just take it for what it is and enjoy the ride. I mean, I could be watching Jersey Shore or the Real Housewives.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much social work and not enough Zombie killin'

Amen, more zombies, less hysteria / psychology. I can watch OWN if I want that. :roflol:

A couple weeks ago my wife asked what I was watching and I said a zombie movie. She watch with me for a while and commented that there wasn't much zombie action going on. Sunday rolls around and I'm setting up the DVR to record the show, she asks if we're going to watch that zombie soap opera again! She's right...but I can't stop watching!

Edited by Filishooter

I thought the last episode was pretty good. I see a bigger confrontation brewing between the group and the old man. I mean, someone has got to wonder how long was he going to wait before he told them he had the little girl in the barn while the rest of the group continued to look and get hurt/killed?

I thought the last episode was pretty good. I see a bigger confrontation brewing between the group and the old man. I mean, someone has got to wonder how long was he going to wait before he told them he had the little girl in the barn while the rest of the group continued to look and get hurt/killed?

Previews for next season show just this and also imply open warfare between the living! This show is doing a good job making you feel the stress of the situation.

I heard the director from last year was fired by amc and they cut funds for this season. That might be why we didn't see as much action

Nope, the show is based on a comic book by the same name. A buddy of mine from work has everything that has been released so far and he loaned me the first couple. Can't get into 'em mainly because I'm reading other stuff right now. Anyway, a couple quotes from the... author?

"With the walking dead I want to explore how people deal with extreme situations and how these events change them."

"To me, the best zombie movies aren't the splatter fests of gore and violence with goofy characters and tounge in cheak antics. Good zombie movies show us how messed up we are, they make us question of station in society... and our societys sation in the world."

This is a people show with zombies in it.

GREAT season ending. I KNEW Sophia was in that barn!! I thought it strange she had only 1 bite on her shoulder. On "The Talking Dead", one of the crew said they had discussions on how gory they were going to show her. Turned out not very gory.

Was mentioned at the sticky creek that Otis usually brought the walkers into the barn. No indication was given if he told anyone who he brought. Herschel may not have known she was in there. Glen didn't see her in there either...but it was dark and he didn't stay in the loft long. At least they know and can move on. Lori and the baby...geez. A crying baby will be like a dinner bell.

I heard the director from last year was fired by amc and they cut funds for this season. That might be why we didn't see as much action

Nope, the show is based on a comic book by the same name. A buddy of mine from work has everything that has been released so far and he loaned me the first couple. Can't get into 'em mainly because I'm reading other stuff right now. Anyway, a couple quotes from the... author?

"With the walking dead I want to explore how people deal with extreme situations and how these events change them."

"To me, the best zombie movies aren't the splatter fests of gore and violence with goofy characters and tounge in cheak antics. Good zombie movies show us how messed up we are, they make us question of station in society... and our societys sation in the world."

This is a people show with zombies in it.

So you know that last seasons director didn't get fired?

Was mentioned at the sticky creek that Otis usually brought the walkers into the barn. No indication was given if he told anyone who he brought. Herschel may not have known she was in there. Glen didn't see her in there either...but it was dark and he didn't stay in the loft long. At least they know and can move on. Lori and the baby...geez. A crying baby will be like a dinner bell.

Exactly ... The commentary afterwards indicated that no one knew that Sophia was in the barn. Otis didn't know about the search before he died, no one at the farm knew sophia (while most of the others were known or almost known), etc.

Humanizing the walkers made me less happy to see the massacre .... It would be an interesting twist to see zombie medicine developed to prove the old man was correct ... but I'd bet that won't happen while the show goes on. Maybe as the surprise in the series finale.

Humanizing the walkers made me less happy to see the massacre .... It would be an interesting twist to see zombie medicine developed to prove the old man was correct ... but I'd bet that won't happen while the show goes on. Maybe as the surprise in the series finale.

With the heat in Georgia, why aren't they decomposing faster? And where are the carrion birds. I'd like to see a big turkey vulture (or similar) swoop down and remove the head of a walker. The head would still be alive as the bird pecks it's eyes out.

Humanizing the walkers made me less happy to see the massacre .... It would be an interesting twist to see zombie medicine developed to prove the old man was correct ...

but I'd bet that won't happen while the show goes on. Maybe as the surprise in the series finale.

With the heat in Georgia, why aren't they decomposing faster? And where are the carrion birds.

I'd like to see a big turkey vulture (or similar) swoop down and remove the head of a walker. The head would still be alive as the bird pecks it's eyes out.

I suspect the vulture's may have problems simply distinguishing the difference between the Real Zombie's & "The Average Folks"

in most of area's they're roaming in our great State...:rolleyes: 'Prolly a Nation Wide problem for the most part actually.. :roflol:

Edited by gunfixer

• 3 weeks later...

I love the show. Been catching up with the New Years Eve Marathon. Only thing i hate is that its on AMC. I cant think of any network that sticks in more commercials per hour than AMC. Its maddening sitting through all the ads. This show would rock on HBO or Showtime.