Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trojan 5.0 40 S&W

deerassassin22

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at getting a Trojan 5.0 for shooting IDPA and USPSA. What do we got for reviews and such, I wanted to also get the red grips for it also interested in reviews and load data. Would have got the 6.0 but it weights to much to play in IDPA.

In 40cal it will be legal for ESP but not CDP. While a 40cal 1911 works well for USPSA, in IDPA ESP you may be a slight disadvantage as compared to the 9mm 1911. In 45ACP you'll great for SS and CDP.

The 6.0 won't fit in the IDPA box.

Great gun for SS, but not for IDPA.

I am running the Wilson 10mm mags and load to 1.150". From what I've read, this COL seems short compared to what everyone recommends. However, this mag and COL runs great in my Trojan and my buddy's too. I am shooting 200 BBI. I'm glad because I've got many thousands of rounds that were loaded for my Glock 24.

IMO, the EGW mag catch is needed to get these mags to put the gun at slide lock.

From what I have seen if you want them to hold 10 rounds you'll need the flex followers. I prefer the hybrid followers but you'll loose a round. If you go with the flex followers and try to run 10 you gun will need to be well tuned.

Either the EGW raised catch or the SVI one, which I hVent tried yet, is a good purchase for a .40 1911

If your going to get mags please buy from Virgil. They lost their house in the TX fires and will need all th orders they can to rebuild.

Edited by steel1212

I am running the Wilson 10mm mags and load to 1.150". From what I've read, this COL seems short compared to what everyone recommends. However, this mag and COL runs great in my Trojan and my buddy's too. I am shooting 200 BBI. I'm glad because I've got many thousands of rounds that were loaded for my Glock 24.

IMO, the EGW mag catch is needed to get these mags to put the gun at slide lock.

Why not for IDPA?

Why not for IDPA?

In IDPA ESP w/ only 9 rounds in the mag you may (or may not) be at a slight disadvantage. Also, unless you hand load minor PF 40cal ammo you will be shooting major PF ammo against guns that are mostly shooting minor PF ammo (9mm). For IDPA CDP, only 45 ACP is legal.

Why not for IDPA?

In my experience, a .40 can be very competitive depending on shooter and/if shooter reloads. I actually feel that the recoil impulse from a .40 is better than having a 9mm light loaded. If you want to shoot both sports, go with the .40

I hand load so the PF is not an issue, I really don't concern my self with being a "GAMMER" i shoot for fun winning is a bonus to me. And I shoot both just wanted to hear reviews on what the issues were on any problems with it. I'm trying to find some accurate loads I can go down to 750fps to make PF but man that probably a nice drop at 25 yards.

Edited by deerassassin22

I hand load so the PF is not an issue, I really don't concern my self with being a "GAMMER" i shoot for fun winning is a bonus to me. And I shoot both just wanted to hear reviews on what the issues were on any problems with it. I'm trying to find some accurate loads I can go down to 750fps to make PF but man that probably a nice drop at 25 yards.

It really comes down to do you want to shoot ESP or CDP.