Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

24 hours to Knob Creek

-JQ-

24 hours and I'll be under the Kentucky sky :cheers:

It has been a while since I've been able to make it for the full camp-fest...feast...Thurs-Sunday.

I'm not shooting my guns or camera this weekend...just sittin' might even walk down to the show to check out the Saturday night date night at the range... :devil:

See yall there!

OK I decided to man up and go tonight anyway...I'll pick up a bale of straw on the way...

This will be the first time going since selling the MP5 :( ...could use a buddy's in the subgun match but think I'll just watch this time.

Like Shaun said wait times can be debilitating there...til the buzzer goes off.

See ya in the pole barn

I went to this thing back in the very early 80's while stationed just down the road at Knox. I hope everybody who likes this kind of thing has a great time. I just personally never felt comfortable with the whole atmosphere. Huge rebel flag(at least back then), little kids shooting machine guns, etc.. ph34r.gifsight.gif

Edited by Kevin Sanders

Bill, maybe you saw me there? Average height thinnish white guy with a ball cap on :P

I didn't shoot any matches but I was glad I went down through the rain Thursday.

A bunch of the old time vendors (HK especially guys) no longer go...and I was disappointed that a bunch of junk vendors are now going...not where I would go to buy a used screwdriver...WTH?

Was a good time visiting with old friends over a camp fire :cheers:

• 5 weeks later...

A bunch of the old time vendors (HK especially guys) no longer go...and I was disappointed that a bunch of junk vendors are now going...not where I would go to buy a used screwdriver...WTH?

It has gone down hill the last several times so we decided the Spring event earlier this year was the last one for us, after more than 15 years we just missed our first one. No more, the last event cost us about $3k for the week and we made a profit of about $400, on pre-sold items. Started seeing all the tools and beef jerky so we decided it was time. We miss hanging out with our buddies but I guess things change. I did get to run my buddy's Mini-Gun last time, went out with a bang, about 3000 a minute.... :cheers:

Edited by kend