Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multigun "Open" is not Open after all

kasen

Shot my second multigun match this week at the Area 1 match in Parma, ID (The only other multigun match I've shot was MGM Ironman this year). On the first stage the first gun was shotgun. Got off to a great start with 13 rounds in my Saiga (12 round mag and one in the chamber). Had a couple nice guys say they weren't counting (wink and a nod) but in USPSA you can't have more than 10 + 1 in the shotgun, ie don't do it again. Word did end getting to the match director and the verdict is a procedural, right? NO! I'm DQ'd. I can still shoot for "fun". But no official scoring, Now obviously I'm a new multigun shooter so it's not like I'm going to score in the top 10. But really, this sucked. Don't think I'll be going out of my way to travel 10 hours one way for another USPSA multigun match. Too bad there's not a lot of 3 gun in the Pacific NW.

Also thought it was odd that only 1 of the 12 stages utilized all 3 guns. Maybe I'm just comparing it unfairly to Ironman but it really wouldn't seem like much more setup to get a third gun involved on a few more stages. Anyway, I guess Open was not Open after all.

That sucks that you drove that far to be DQ'd. :( I personally wish all multigun events used the same sets of rules to male things simpler. Until that happens, you just have to read the rules for a given match thoroughly to make sure you understand them. Lesson learned for you I guess.

I don't think you were DQ'ed. You were shooting for no score. If the you were DQ'ed, you wouldn't have been allowed to finish the match.

Not DQ's in the safety sense, where I can no longer shoot. On the score sheet they list me as DQ'd. Their vernacular not mine.

Well don't forget to see the real lesson , = Read the rules before you sign up or at least before you arrive.

The Multi Gun Ro certification was one of the hardest test I have taken , and it was open book. on CD with the search function

Edited by AlamoShooter

Well don't forget to see the real lesson , = Read the rules before you sign up or at least before you arrive.

The Multi Gun Ro certification was one of the hardest test I have taken , and it was open book. on CD with the search function

Roger that.