Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alternative roller handles for the LnL

I recently purchased the ergo handle for the LnL AP and got it set up. I like it quite a bit, but I couldn't keep it from rotating no matter how tight I torqued the jam nut. I wound up screwing the handle in until there were threads on both sides then using the included jam nut/washer on the top side and the jam nut from the original handle on the bottom side. It's solid as a rock now.

Good to hear you got it locked up. I tried a new cleaner\stripper to prep the rods for coating and it worked great, however, it seemed to draw in some moisture and promoted tiny rust spots inside the valley's of the threads, so I thought I would just put a few drops of oil on each one when I installed the nut to keep that from happening......Then I started to get slipping questions......oops. Seemed like a good idea at the time. :rolleyes:

Thru some testing tho, I have noticed that it seems to lock up better without the lockwasher. Strange, but true.....

Thru some testing tho, I have noticed that it seems to lock up better without the lockwasher. Strange, but true.....

Me too. With the lock washer in place, i discovered the handle would eventually spin after a very short reloading stint so i took it out. The stock handle didnt have one, nor was there any slippage with it so i figured this one wouldn't either. 5K rounds later its still tight! Now if i could only keep the roller handle from backing out... ;)

Me too. With the lock washer in place, i discovered the handle would eventually spin after a very short reloading stint so i took it out. The stock handle didnt have one, nor was there any slippage with it so i figured this one wouldn't either. 5K rounds later its still tight! Now if i could only keep the roller handle from backing out... ;)

Strange. Try a couple drops of loc-tite, and if that doesn't work, I will send you a new one.

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Mine would turn on me no matter how tight I got the lock nut/washer. Then I noticed my handle still had quite a bit of milling lube still in the threads. Cleaned it up, put a dab of blue loc-tite on, and hasnt budged since. :cheers:

I found the same thing,my handle would come loose after about 30 cycles. I removed the lock washer and now it stays tight. :huh: No problems with the roller handle

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend that anyone who has one of these remove the lock washer ASAP. Not only does the handle seem to stay tight better without the lock washer (as previously noted by others including the manufacturer) but I took the handle off today and noticed that the teeth on the lock washer had ground a groove in the aluminum of the press all the way around the hole where the handle screws in.

Also, if you take your handle off to clean the oil off the threads previously referenced by the manufacturer so the handle will hopefully do a better job of staying tight, be aware that carb cleaner will do a great job of cleaning off not only the oil in the threads but also the black paint on the handle if you're not careful. Don't ask me how I know. :rolleyes: Guess I should've sprung for the powder coat version. :roflol:

• 1 month later...

How does the standard handle compare to the Dillon handle? I have the Dillon on my LNL and that forward primer seating motion aggrevates my tennis elbow. How long is the handle from thread to bend? Don't theink the ergo would work for me, my press is mounted on a high bench so I am lower than most.