Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is my stance correct?

He@t!

Definitly don't lock the elbows - either one.

Also - make sure knees are bent a bit. Its the number one thing I see in shooters experimenting with stance. In order for the turret to work upstairs the gears gotta be ready downstairs. Without bent knees the platform on top has to change to address different targets. With bent knees everything upstairs stays the same and the knees just work to get the angles needed.

Hope this helps -

JB

When I want to show somebody a decent stance, I use a variation of a technique that Ron Avery has on his videos. He tosses a ball at a person and has them get in front of the ball to catch it in the center of their chest.

I do the same...with a weighted medicine ball. I want you to be able to catch the ball in the center of the chest and immediately be able to pass it right back.

The weighted ball gives a representation of recoil...passing it back is like returning the gun from recoil.

Getting someone to play pass with you can give a good representation of where the shooting stance needs to go.

in IPSC "Stance" (from the waist down) is only a snapshot freeze-frame of something that is constantly changing. Learn the correct form, ingrain it, then just let it happen while your upper triangle "turret" does it's thing.