Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aimpoint or cmore

craigsteffek

I just got I bedell shorty open gun it came with an aimpoint compc sm and I was thinking about getting rid of it for a cmore setup what are the pros and cons of these setups the main reasOn that I am thinking of changing is that on the shorty the aimpoint is pretty bulky

I just got I bedell shorty open gun it came with an aimpoint compc sm and I was thinking about getting rid of it for a cmore setup what are the pros and cons of these setups the main reasOn that I am thinking of changing is that on the shorty the aimpoint is pretty bulky

Aimpoint is far more durable and rugged with far better battery life. The cons is its harder to pick up on the draw due to it being a tube sight but that gets easier with practice.

I am running a C More because that is what was on my gun when I got it used. I prefer Aimpoints.

Pat

The cons is its harder to pick up on the draw due to it being a tube sight but that gets easier with practice.

It's generally considered a lot easier to pick up the dot on a tube scope, as the tube tends to guide your eye and hands into the right spot. Back in the day when Tasco and the older Aimpoint scopes (my first was an Aimpoint 5000) were the norm, and the C-More was just starting to come online, folks did a lot of "dot dancing" when switching over until they worked out their index properly. The C-More is currently the most unforgiving of bad index, followed closely by higher mounted miniature single lens dot sights...

I agree with everything else you said - plus I'll add in that you get definitive movements with an Aimpoint. Each click means something specific. You don't get any sort of definite adjustment with a C-More.

The pros to the C-More in this situation is that the Comp C SM is a heavy bitch (about 4 ozs heavier, not including mount in either one's case), and it's huge (relatively speaking, of course). The gun will feel significantly less top heavy with a C-More on it, and should index and move better, too.

The cons is its harder to pick up on the draw due to it being a tube sight but that gets easier with practice.

It's generally considered a lot easier to pick up the dot on a tube scope, as the tube tends to guide your eye and hands into the right spot. Back in the day when Tasco and the older Aimpoint scopes (my first was an Aimpoint 5000) were the norm, and the C-More was just starting to come online, folks did a lot of "dot dancing" when switching over until they worked out their index properly. The C-More is currently the most unforgiving of bad index, followed closely by higher mounted miniature single lens dot sights...

I agree with everything else you said - plus I'll add in that you get definitive movements with an Aimpoint. Each click means something specific. You don't get any sort of definite adjustment with a C-More.

The pros to the C-More in this situation is that the Comp C SM is a heavy bitch (about 4 ozs heavier, not including mount in either one's case), and it's huge (relatively speaking, of course). The gun will feel significantly less top heavy with a C-More on it, and should index and move better, too.

Thanks for the info on the tube sight. I run a Tasco Pro Point on my 22 Buckmark for steel and I use it for practice a lot so I was not sure which one was really easier to use because I have gotten used to both. At first both were hard to find for the first shot.

Wow with a shorty I'd stick with the AimPoint, shortys need all the extra weight you can throw on them to tame the beast. Like xre says easy to get dot on a tube, my first open gun had one, and I've missed it ever since. You will be faster with a dot you can find than spending all your time looking for it.